• Register Today It's free!

2005 Explorer Unlock Code??

xltv82003

Reaction score
City, State
Des Plaines IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Limite
My sister has a 2005 XLT and the display on her radio went out. I found an OEM radio and was wondering do the radios for this generation Explorer require and unlock code? If so what is the best way for me to go about obtaining an unlock code?

Thanks in advance.

They shouldn't have an unlock code.
Even if it does, Ford will unlock it for you, should be for free. Just say the battery died or something.

Radio Unlock Code

My sister has a 2005 XLT and the display on her radio went out. I found an OEM radio and was wondering do the radios for this generation Explorer require and unlock code? If so what is the best way for me to go about obtaining an unlock code?

Thanks in advance.

I had the same dilema ... the local Ford dealer wanted AUD $100 to get it 'unlocked' ... sooooo after a little internet investigation I found, downloaded, unzipped & ran a small program that generates the unlock code. You need the serial number off the side of the radio to make it work though.

Program is available here: http://www.freefordradiocode.co.uk/radio/content/ford-m-serial-radio-code-generator.php

I ran a virus scan before opening the file & was all clean.

Saved me a hundred bucks at the Ford dealer to get something that is available on the internet for free !!! :eek:

Back