• Register Today It's free!

Battery Issue

BobbyMarks

Reaction score
City, State
Overland Park, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer XLT - 2012
Well, one of the halogen headlights was blown and when replacing the bulb last night I noticed something very unusual with the battery:
IMG_2998.jpg

This morning the dealer took care of it right away. They found a crack in the negative pole.

Good thing before the Labor Day weekend.

BM:thumbsup:

That is a lot of battery acid. When I was a kid, I decided to lick that stuff wondering what it was, it was solid acid. Burns like heck. When I touch it, it doesn't burn though which is weird, but I guess there needs to be some kind of water to allow the acid to burn. Good thing you got that replaced! Could have been dangerous.

That is a lot of battery acid. When I was a kid, I decided to lick that stuff wondering what it was, it was solid acid. Burns like heck. When I touch it, it doesn't burn though which is weird, but I guess there needs to be some kind of water to allow the acid to burn. Good thing you got that replaced! Could have been dangerous.

That is powder acid and if you put some water and have contact with your skin it burns like hell!!

Automobile batteries are the only item that have not changed with time in car manufacturing, they are still the same: plastic, lead oxide, water, acid and cables.

One thing I was afraid of with the battery was it could explode making things worst BUT that was not the case.

Back