Transmission Code P0741 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission Code P0741

ryan3295

Reaction score
The other day while driving to work (while crushing at 65 mph) my OD light started flashing. On my way home I was going to spot at my parents house to have my code read, however, the light stopped blinking at a stoplight after only about a mile of driving. When I went to read the codes it indicated there were no present. Anyway, day two, same situation expect this time I have the scanner with me and I get the code P0741. The OD light contunes to blink the rest of my way to work and stops blinking at the same stoplight on my way home. Any tips or suggestions to get this fixed?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Year model and engine/transmission type? Miles? Miles since last fluid/filter change?

P0741 can be a number of things, and in the end on high mileage trannies can present problems only fixable by replacing the VB or resleeving the TC bore. Sometimes as simple as a fluid change, or a TC Solenoid replacement.

I replaced the fluid and filter at 75,000 miles three years ago, it now has 122,000 miles. It's a 1998 with a 4.0 SOHC. Thanks for the help.

I don't know if this information makes any differece but, the truck still shifts the same even when the OD light is flashing. I am also still able the turn the OD on or off, as I did notice a change in RPMs after pressing the button.

Year model and engine/transmission type? Miles? Miles since last fluid/filter change?

P0741 can be a number of things, and in the end on high mileage trannies can present problems only fixable by replacing the VB or resleeving the TC bore. Sometimes as simple as a fluid change, or a TC Solenoid replacement.

hi there, may i ask where is the TC solenoid located..? ived done changing the oil and still i get the "D" flashing time to time, everytime i go for a long trip sometimes never come on but sometimes it does...

P0741 is a Torque converter lock up problem, the TC solenoid is located on the driver side in the valve body ,closest to the engine. Like was pointed out, there are many things that can cause the problem.

Back