Tim's '93 Sport | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tim's '93 Sport

1993 Ford Explorer Sport

Drivetrain

VW 1.9l BEW TDI, stage 4 Malone tune, Garret VNT17 Turbo
TD Conversions trans adapter
M5OD from 1998 Explorer (Replaced original A4LD)
Stock Borg Warner 1354E

Front Suspension
Dana 35 TTB 3.73
Warn 37780 Dana 35 hubs
James Duff 3” long arm lift
Progressive coils
Dual shocks
BrianBuilt Fab diff guard
James Duff steering stabilizer
1993 Chevy K1500 brake lines

Rear Suspension
Ford 8.8 3.73 limited slip
Alcan Spring 3” lift leaf springs
1970’s Jeep J10 brake line

Wheel and Tires
Cragar Soft 8 16x7, 4in backspace with second gen center caps
285/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs

Interior
3D printed ash tray switch panel
Autometer A-Pillar gauge pod with Autometer boost and EGT gauges
Pioneer headunit
Pioneer 4 way speakers
Pioneer 10in sub hidden in place of factory storage pocket in trunk
Pioneer amp

Exterior
Custom swing out tire carrier using stock rear bumper
Clear cut headlights with better bulbs
BrianBuilt Fab cowl light brackets with KC Rally 400 spots
KC 26 series amber fogs mounted behind front grille
Five foot FireStik for CB
91-92 Sport fender trim
First gen Expedition tow hooks

Other Modifications
1994 Jeep ZJ steering shaft
Custom auxiliary/upfitter circuits
A/C delete

Future Modifications
4.56 gears with lockers
Atlas II
Built in sliders (rocker panels are rusty)
Hidden winch behind factory front bumper
Limit straps and bump stops
Skid plates
1-2 more inches of lift

8DEB1F4F-E48B-4431-8771-8E07A0440820.jpeg

3890FE78-7004-430D-B640-2BF81F81F30C_1_201_a.jpeg

73FC2F84-0789-4FC5-B8EB-24B076436324_1_201_a.jpeg

09E5555E-0A82-41E3-9D42-A921AD7F1998.jpeg

aa1efc78-13a6-4f34-97df-eab4032a2c13_zpselkytlnl.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just drain enough into a clean bucket to get below t-stat level, you dont have to but it wont make near as big of a mess when you pull the hose or the housing. The. Just pour coolant back in when done.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Well parts showed up today... finally. But nothing is going to get done until the end of next week at the earliest :( Next week is finals week, so can't have any distractions. Can't wait for the semester to be over so I have more time to work on the Ex.

At least they're there, and hopefully the right ones!! I'm in the middle of moving everything into storage, looks like we're moving to a cabin up by Black Hawk for a few months, and....."sigh".......no garage. So wont be able to do much on it for a while. Good luck with finals, I hope you kick their ass!!

No garage, that's rough. I don't know what I would do without a garage. Not working on a car drives me crazy.

You said it. I spend most of my time either online researching stuff for the truck, or in the garage working on one of em, so if we do go up there (Landlady isn't answering now :mad:) then I'll either be crawling in the dirt or just not working on anything. Plenty of trails close by though, so it's not all bad. Don't know what we're going to do if she doesn't answer, we were supposed to go up and check it out today.

For now I'll keep taking crap to storage and we'll see what happens?

Glad you got the right parts, it's frustrating enough when you go to the parts store and get the wrong stuff, but you had to wait for em in the mail, and then have to send em back and wait for replacements? UGH!!

People can be so flaky some times. Hope you get it figured out.

I would almost rather crawl around in the dirt, than not working on something. But as long as you have trails nearby that kinda makes up for it.

Yah the people at the parts store know me on a first name basis now (not sure if that's good or bad :scratch:)

Speaking of trails, not sure if you've seen this.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29130892/roads-forest-under-review

Just saw this the other day, but there was a court settlement between the Forest Service and a bunch of environmental groups back in November. Basically a bunch of trails were put in without the proper environmental studies and without community approval apparently. Some environmental studies have to be done now and it's possible that a bunch of trails are going to get closed, and a lot of them are up off gold camp road and they are ones that I run pretty often.

I'm going to keep watching what happens with it. Really don't want them closing those trails.

Yah the people at the parts store know me on a first name basis now (not sure if that's good or bad )
It's a mix, the bad is that it means your wallet is getting beat up, but it's good when they get to know you, somehow it just makes things easier in my opinion.

Speaking of trails, not sure if you've seen this.
yes, I actually heard about this a few months ago. There is some off Gold Camp, but there is A LOT in the Rampart Range area. The forest service messed up, and now environmentalist groups who think all public lands should ONLY be used for what they want to use it for is all over it. This is a much bigger deal than just our trails locally. The outcome of this can set the precedence for what happens with trails all over the country. Anytime I'm on trail, I'll take pics of people off trail and report them, I take pics of shooters and their vehicles and if they dont clean up.................yup, report em. We need to keep the jerks that make us look bad in check, and it is up to us, because the forest service does not have the manpower, but always have evidence too!! This really is about the Forest Service just adding trails to the MVUM's without doing the studies that are required first however. Trails are already crowded enough, we don't need to lose any and make it worse.

Yah it's totally a select few that make the rest of us look bad. The people I usually run trails with and myself, whenever we run trails we try to get a full bag of trash per vehicle. Every little bit helps. We also like to keep our eyes open for any one violating rules and report them when we see them.

Yah it's totally a select few that make the rest of us look bad. The people I usually run trails with and myself, whenever we run trails we try to get a full bag of trash per vehicle. Every little bit helps. We also like to keep our eyes open for anyone violating rules and report them when we see them.
:chug:

A good one that is really effective with shooters, I'll make sure they see me taking pics of their license plates, THEN I will approach and ask them politely to make sure they pack out all their targets and trash, and to NOT shoot at live trees as they are much denser and can cause ricochets, plus IT KILLS TREES. I have yet to go back later and it not be all cleaned up.

Somebody posted this on Stand Tall today:

Posibclosures_zpsc3no9ggb.jpg

The fight is real, but I don't do politics, so I contribute the best way I can and that's out in the field. If you haven't already, join up on Stand Tall Colorado 4X4 on Facebook. Mostly all Front Range wheelers. Or you can PM me you're Facebook info and I can add you. I'm also in Mile High Ranger Based Vehicles on Facebook also. You should check em out, cool people on there and peeps always getting together to wheel.

A good one that is really effective with shooters, I'll make sure they see me taking pics of their license plates, THEN I will approach and ask them politely to make sure they pack out all their targets and trash, and to NOT shoot at live trees as they are much denser and can cause ricochets, plus IT KILLS TREES. I have yet to go back later and it not be all cleaned up.

I like that. I'm going to have to start doing that:thumbsup:

I joined up on stand tall. Can't seem to find that Ranger page though. I'll keep looking...

Love your Sport bro! I came really close to getting one just like it a couple of months ago. The guy told me it ran great. I drove 4 hrs one way to check it out with cash in hand. Got there and he wouldn't let me test drive it. Needless to say I told him to shove it. I found a 94 on CL a week later and I love it. This is the 2nd gen 1 Sport for me and it's a keeper. As soon as I figure it out I'm going to put up some pics.

Love your Sport bro! I came really close to getting one just like it a couple of months ago. The guy told me it ran great. I drove 4 hrs one way to check it out with cash in hand. Got there and he wouldn't let me test drive it. Needless to say I told him to shove it. I found a 94 on CL a week later and I love it. This is the 2nd gen 1 Sport for me and it's a keeper. As soon as I figure it out I'm going to put up some pics.

Thanks man! I don't blame you. I would never buy a car new or used with out test driving it first. Would love to see some pics of your Sport. First gen Sports are my favorite.

To post pics you can either become an elite member or use Photobucket and copy and paste the IMG link from there.

Took a few snaps of it. Downloaded photobucket app onto phone. Gonna try to put some up. My Sport looks a little different than a normal one lol...

Crap! Well I learned how to post pics lol. Idk why it's so damn big though!

Yes that joker was 100 feet wide lol. I'll get them back up asap. I'm going to make a new thread here and post them.

Back