How to remove spare tire on 2001 ford sport trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to remove spare tire on 2001 ford sport trac

Post number 3 has been selected as best answered.

bower3164

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ford sport trac
I just got a flat tire on my 2001 ford sport trac. I don't have the owners manual. I am wondering how to lower the spare tire and remove it. Also where is the lug wrench and jack located?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome bower and that sux bout the flat tire

The jack, tire wrench and extensions are behind the passenger side rear seat, just flip them forward and there will be a compartment back there. To get the tire down you need to fit the extensions through a hole above the license plate, it is visible with the tailgate closed. It can be a bit of a pain to get the extension to engage with the little winch that holds up the tire, but it will go on, once you get the extension on just put the tire wrench on the extensions(the wrench has square opening in it for this) and just wind the tire down till you have enough slack to take out the cable.

The jack, tire wrench and extensions are behind the passenger side rear seat, just flip them forward and there will be a compartment back there. To get the tire down you need to fit the extensions through a hole above the license plate, it is visible with the tailgate closed. It can be a bit of a pain to get the extension to engage with the little winch that holds up the tire, but it will go on, once you get the extension on just put the tire wrench on the extensions(the wrench has square opening in it for this) and just wind the tire down till you have enough slack to take out the cable.
Yep, that's how. Good luck.

Tom

i have a 2001 sport with a 40 flow master not the sound i desire u say u removed the silencer ?

You guys rock. Seriously, I was ready to cut the damn cable. I thought a previous owner had royally screwed me with the bed liner

Back