1999 Ford Ranger electrical or starter problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 Ford Ranger electrical or starter problems

Speedy827

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford ranger
When turning over the ignition switch I have no power to the radio, ac, or any other accecsory. The starter doesn't click have any sound coming from it. The only power I have is dom lights, head lights, security theft light blinking but not rapid, horn, and beeping sound when key is on. I put a new battery and connectors on it

Welcome to the forum. Did you have the problem since you replaced the battery & connectors?. If so look for any loose wires at the connectors or any wires that might not have gotten hooked back up.

When turning over the ignition switch I have no power to the radio, ac, or any other accecsory. The starter doesn't click have any sound coming from it. The only power I have is dom lights, head lights, security theft light blinking but not rapid, horn, and beeping sound when key is on. I put a new battery and connectors on it

I put new battery on it and connectors thinking it was the problem, and some neighbor thinks my ecm is bad.

Back