UPDATE: Factory "Stop Shipment" on all 4wd Explorers! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

UPDATE: Factory "Stop Shipment" on all 4wd Explorers!

I do not know why Ford stopped shipment. Unfortunately they will not tell us. Normally I understand why they do not want to air their issues on the internet. But this one ended up on the internet by mistake and not responding to a leak like this seems stupid IMO.

I had my concerns, but did not want to reject a good EX that I had ordered.

I informed my dealer of the issues I had read about and my concerns. The dealer said My EX was not affected. Could be true or dealer BS - how would I know????

When delivery got closer I told the dealer I would test drive the EX for vibration issues. IF wheel vibration issues were masking drive line vibration issues I would not accept the EX. They set my pickup date a few days after delivery to the dealer.

I do not remember driving a smoother driving vehicle with less vibration. I sure hope things do not change, but the dealer sure did deliver one smooth driving EX.

When I compare it to the 2wd 10 yr old EX I traded there is no comparison on the ride even if some of you love the frame.

Back