• Register Today It's free!

05 Ranger radio cuts out

riverbum

Reaction score
City, State
L.A. aka lower alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 FX4
got in my 05 ranger today and the radio volume cut off. i tried switching to the CD, and the same thing. i punched every button and switched back to FM and no volume. the display works works, and the volume level displays and increases/decreases on the screen... everything works. when i got home and got out of the truck to open my gate, it starts playing when i put it in park. when i put it in drive, it stops again. i stopped at the garage, and put it in park, and it starts playing again. not sure what's up, and i can't find a thread relating to this.

the only thing that has happened to my truck is i developed a water leak around the cargo light and has leaked for a while. i repaired it last week after a lot of water got in the truck. today was the first time i have ever lost volume on the radio, and i haven't driven it since Monday. again it's an 05 extended cab, 4X4, 4.0/Auto trans, am/fm/single CD. any help would be greatly appreciated

i went out and checked the radio again, and it works in park and in neutral. when you put it in reverse and drive, the sound cuts off, but the radio display stays on

..I have a similar issue with my 95 Ranger and I believe it's a short created by the water at the amplifier which may be behind one of your rear speakers..

..Reading your post I am assuming this is all original equipment and you do not have an aftermarket stereo or alarm installed..:popcorn:

yes, it's all original equipment. i drove it last night, and it worked fine. i have a feeling it's going to work fine until a good song comes on the radio lol

Back