anyone intersted in buying u.s. made snorkel, skid plate, flares for esc, mar, trib? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

anyone intersted in buying u.s. made snorkel, skid plate, flares for esc, mar, trib?

05nonescape

Reaction score
City, State
Milaca , MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 ford escape
planning to mfr high quality snorkel kits, skid plates, and possibly flares, anyone interested?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Build it and they will come...

If you had prototypes to show, I'm sure you would spur more interest.

I am working on prototypes, my biggest question is at
what price point people would be willing to pay. I am hoping to keep pricing close to what other applications cost for other types of off road vehicles. I am finding pricing of 365.00 and up on most snorkel kits, 300.00 plus for skid plate kit, flares I have no idea yet, but they will be comparable to everything else out there

I wish someone would build those items for the Gen1 Sport Trac. Hope you get enough interest. I'd like to see them come to production.

I wish someone would build those items for the Gen1 Sport Trac. Hope you get enough interest. I'd like to see them come to production.

once I get the escape line rolling I will venture into other obscure makes and models i'm sure

Problem I've found with the scape is that there isn't a lot on the market for them, even basic things like a K&N FIPK, etc. This tells me that most of the major manufacturers have looked into the market and said that the expected outcome is not high enough to justify the cost of r&d. I always like it when people venture out to create things they think people will like, but I've found that most people with escapes just aren't that into four-wheeling and stuff... but don't let that drag you down either... because sometimes a market doesn't exist until someone makes the products available :).

all good points, however what I am hoping is that the escape will become more of an option now that the price is coming down as they get older. I have taken my escape over some very rough stuff with no damage, many trips. If people can see an example of what I can do with my 05, they will be less afraid to venture out with theirs.

the mods I have done account for most of the trips I can take over logs, rocks, rough trails, etc. so I have to educate everyone on what I do as I do it. then the examples are a tangible thing people can be confident ion, rather than just a untested bolt on part. (like what I have had to do)

I'm hoping you are right as far as creating a new market.

Back