Hesdlight drl issue. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hesdlight drl issue.

Belvedere89

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford escape 2001
Hi everyone !

I bought an old Ford Escape 2001 ... So far ... Lots of little issues here and there. Short story : needed something to go to school since I'll have to give back my company truck ... But since I'm just about to start school ... This car is plunging into my wallet like hell ! Hehe

So few days ago, my headlight wouldn't turn off ... ( telling that story in case it could be related to my main issue ). I figured out that in order to then my headlights off, I needed to follow the proper 2001 procedure step by step of turning them off first, then turn off the vehicle !

Tonight, on my way to get some drink and chill at home, my headlight suddenly decided they wouldn't turn on ... So coming back home, I started checking my fuse box ... DRL fuse was missing. So always having a back up fuse pack with me ... I put it back in ... Magically ( not ), everything turned on and flicked/blinked non stop ... But the headlights were working. Both high beams and low beams ... But as soon as I remove the dlr fuse ... Everything turns off ... So I tried disconnecting the drl module itself ... Trying to see if they would work without the drl module being connected ! NO ....

So knowing my drl module is faulty ( blinking ) and my fuses are fine, they used to work when the drl fuse was not in , why aren't they turning on ?

the drl fuse was missing and the headlights were working perfectly fine before ... So seems to be a separate issue with only the headlights. This is where I'm confused a bit.

Who can help me fixing that ?

Hope I didn't miss anything about the story ... Tia !

Back