• Register Today It's free!

jardine exhaust

99 xplorer-XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Baltimore, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer xlt
i was looking at the jardine exhaut on truckperformance.com and i was wondering if anyone has one or knows if these exhausts are any good. i am looking for a nice throaty tone :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

havent heard of any memebers with a jardine exhaust, but im thinkin of getting the jardine stainless steel slash cut tips for a flowmaster ill be gettin in the spring.

from what people say, magnaflow and flowmasters have the deep sound you might be looking for

havent heard of any memebers with a jardine exhaust, but im thinkin of getting the jardine stainless steel slash cut tips for a flowmaster ill be gettin in the spring.

from what people say, magnaflow and flowmasters have the deep sound you might be looking for

i thought about flowmaster, but im afraid that it would be too loud. in my opinion, those ungodly loud flowmaster are meant for lifted pickups, not a V6 explorer

get the flowmaster 50 then.. not too loud.. but not quiet.. a improvement over stock.. but nothing unbearable.

but magnaflows have better exhaust flow than flowmasters :rolleyes:

i heard that magnaflows make a sort of ricey sound, is this true? if not, are they as deep as the flowmasters? and which model would i be looking for?

I don't think they make a ricey sound, but they aren't as "beefy" sounding, or near as loud, as Flowmasters. I've honestly never heard one tho.. but here's some links to check out if you want performance too :)

Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

the last link, to MustangMonthly, has a sound clip of a Magnaflow on page 4 of the article.

Magnaflows are very deep, however I do not know how they sound on a V6, you'd have to ask Alec or nweibly as they run Magnaflows on their V6 Sports.

However on V8's, they ****en scream like a mutha. Magnaflows are just slightly less louder then 40 series Flowmasters but basically louder then every other muffler (Borla, Bassani, Dynomax ect) but only on V8's and when paired with an o/r mid-pipe. Just welding them in won't be loud at all, 40's just welded in aren't loud/aggressive enough for me without an o/r h-pipe. But put an o/r x-pipe paired with some Magnaflows and you'll hear one of the most meanest sounding notes. You'll find almost every single Stang owner running either Flowmasters or Maganflows b/c you can't deny how mean they sound, and especially how unique/exotic the Magnaflows sound.

Those soundclips and basically any soundclip sound do not even sound close to what Magnaflows sound like in real life. Go to www.Mustangexhaust.com and listen to the different setups, it'll give you an idea, but trust me, not a single one of those clips sounds like the real car would.

If you want sick loud, go with some Magnaflow Magnapacks and an o'r x-pipe as they make the the Flowmaster 40's almost sound too quiet lol. There are sme clips of the Magnpacks on that exhaust site, but they sound a little ricey sometimes, if you hear it in real life they sound a ****load meaner and aggressive then those clips make them out to be.

whoo whooo they just fa decoration:confused: sorry for the long post

Originally posted by 99 xplorer-XLT
i heard that magnaflows make a sort of ricey sound, is this true?

I have a '97 with the 4.0 OHV engine and put on a 2.25 Magnaflow muffler with a custom bent 2.25 pipe three weeks ago. It's stainless steel and has an 18"case. I'm very pleased with the performance. As for the sound, it's very deep, not "rice" at all. I was in drone land with my old Dynomax super turbo. Theres no drone at all with the new Magnaflow. I do wish it was a little louder though. I should have went with the shorter 14"case muffler. I was told that the two cat's really keep the exhaust quiet. My next step is to get two high flow Carsound cats that are also made by Magnaflow and are OBDII friendly with inlets for the O2 sensors.

you sould actually be able to replace both cats with a single.
To my knowledge, federal law only requires 1 cat (unless true dual of course)
To be sure if you'll pass emmissions, or keep it emmissions friendly, get ahold of your local IM Referee

when I put a dual exhaust on my B2, I replaced the stock dual-cats with a single dual-in/dual-out and still passed emmissions

Back