Performance Valve Body For Gen2 V8 6R80 Transmission! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Performance Valve Body For Gen2 V8 6R80 Transmission!

psycareyo

Reaction score
City, State
Plattsburgh, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 STA Supercharged
Hi Carey

Yes we have the valvebody upgrade for 6R80.Its very similar to the ZF transmission we been doing for years. The cost is 598.00 and takes 1 day. You must use factory fluid. The transmission filter is the transmission pan.

Thanks

Pat

Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 11:07 AM
To: info@levelten.com
Subject: Ford 6R80 Transmission Upgrades

I'm wondering if you make or can make valve bodies or any performance transmission parts for a Ford 6R80 trans. It's found in the Mountaineer, Explorer, Sport Trac, F150 and F150 SVT Raptor.

I find the factory trans shifting is terrible. With my recent installation of a Saleen Series VI.5 Supercharger on my 4.6L V8 AWD 2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin (Sept 19th) I'm really worried about a band aid fix with a tune.

There is a lot of interest in a trans kit or VB that spans across many different forums. Especially for the F150.

Thank you,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting but WOW - $600 for a VB mod? Kits are around $200 for most other applications and take only a few hours start to finish. Yikes!

For my lighting, it was a Punisher Valve Body, Street series. It was $250 shipped and it was much smaller than the 6R80 valve body. Same deal with the 4 and 5 speed auto mustangs. It's just smaller and there are a TON of them ou there.

This is pretty much all supply and demand.

For my lighting, it was a Punisher Valve Body, Street series. It was $250 shipped and it was much smaller than the 6R80 valve body. Same deal with the 4 and 5 speed auto mustangs. It's just smaller and there are a TON of them ou there.

This is pretty much all supply and demand.

Factory Tech also made some badass valve bodies for the Lightnings and SD's several years back.

People are unloading their FTVB in favor of the PVB. You see this across multiple L forums. You can get a pre-owned FTVB for under $100 right now.

Back