• Register Today It's free!

Custom long arm suspension

Ranger Digger

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger
Well 3 and 1/2 years after swaping in my EB D44, I finally decided to build a long arm suspension before heading to Moab. This mostly came about because I needed to do some custom fabbing for my Atlas II install. So it all happened at once. It was impressive how much flex this thing has now. It would appear that the shocks and driveshaft and now the limiting factors, but I doubt I will change anything anytime soon. Next step would likely be coilovers. Anyway here are some pics:

IMG_1665.jpg

Here is a shot of the modified tranny crossmember to clear the radius arms
IMG_1762.jpg

Completed arms with belly pan
IMG_2322.jpg

FLEX!
MG_2564.JPG

MG_2566.JPG

WOW. That thing is awsome. Nice work man

Turned out great. This truck keeps getting better every time you post up. :thumbsup:

How much did you extend the arms?
Did the bed work out the way you planned, or is there anything you would change after wheeling with it?

Turned out great. This truck keeps getting better every time you post up. :thumbsup:

How much did you extend the arms?
Did the bed work out the way you planned, or is there anything you would change after wheeling with it?

The arms are extended about 22", this is twice the extension that the Duff arms have. I also used Johnny Joints instead of heims.

The bed works good as long as I'm not in the mud, then mud is on everything. I would leave the roll bar but completely redo the fenders and add some sort of tailgate. Although while in Moab I would have crushed the bed had it still been there, so the new fenders did do their job and the roll bar saved the corner of the cab from being crushed as well.

Back