Aerostar lift kit. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aerostar lift kit.

mpkasper

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 aerostar
does anybody know where i can find a lift kit for a aerostar i see jc whitney has just a axle lift but i am looking for a whole lift kit. i want be able to fit 35s or 37s. is there a special place to look? i read that they has alot of components just like the explorer so will a lift kit for that work on a aerostar? any help would be deeply apprieciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! The auto parts stores sell spring boosters to raise the height of sagging coils. If you use new cargo coils with them I guess it will be a little higher than stock. Gabriel sells adjustable air shocks called Hi-Jackers to raise it a little more, but this is only for the rear.

So there is no way to lift the front besides to create a lift kit myself? What suspension does it have? I don't have one yet but plan on getting one. Is there coil springs all around so I could use shackles and other stuff combined to give me room for 35s?

Since the factory size tire, 215/70/14, is about 25.8" tall, a 10" wider tire would never fit in the wheel well. I've seen semi-monster Aeros that I assume were set on a truck or Bronco 4x4 frame and running gear.

Back