Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26

Come on newbies... There has to be someone out there who wants to see what their Explorer can do offroad :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am highly considering going, even though my second gen is 2WD, it's got some lift so maybe I can still have some fun. I'm in LA so this isn't too far

Do you have a limited slip or a locker in the rear? That will help considerably.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to how we can scare up some more interest in this run?

Would it change anything if we moved it up a weekend? Could more people go?:dunno:

That won't work for me. I really don't understand the problem with getting more people to come out for these runs?? Seems like gas prices have dropped lately, and it would be a good time to go. Heck, propane is only $2.15 a gallon.

If its because some persons are nervous about how they think their rig might perform, or meeting a bunch of old timer off-roaders, don't be. We welcome new people and like to introduce them to the world of off-roading.

I'm going to try and make it out either Saturday or Sunday.

I hope you can join us RJ. You need to come to get some aerial video footage of your rig :D

I dont have limited slip or lockersbut I would really like to see how Dora performs off road at an actual recreation area. The drivetrain is pretty much stock apart from the lift but from the off roading I've done, Dora does pretty well.

Wish it wasn't quite so far for me or would be there in a heartbeat. 1,500 mile round trip. Haven't ever been. Need to though even if I take the old 32mpg runabout down. :thumbsup:

Everyone please bring firewood. I have a bunch of very old oak the rangers pulled out of the preserve the horses are boarded at, but its real old and might not burn for very long.

Thanks for the reminder. I need to have some wood delivered.

Everyone please bring firewood. I have a bunch of very old oak the rangers pulled out of the preserve the horses are boarded at, but its real old and might not burn for very long.

They are about to start building a new showroom at work, which means lots of scrap 2x4's and such :thumbsup:

I have a 1/4 cord of mesquite on the way:chug:

A throw back Thursday thread :D
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373163

Return from Truck Haven 2012...

For all the newbies, see we do have stockers or close to stockers run with us as well :D

photo4-7.jpg

I have a 99 ford explorer v8 5.0l awd ..its making noises as like something is hitting metal and its smelling real bad ..i work on it constantly..please help I need to no how to fix this issue its hurting my love life ��

(Edited -by Admin

badhabitz I tried to move your post to it's own thread, but it somehow got deleted. Here is the proper forum to post it: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100 )

This thread is about a run being planned. When you do post, please provide some details besides it smells bad, and its hurting your love life ;)

A throw back Thursday thread :D
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373163

Return from Truck Haven 2012...

For all the newbies, see we do have stockers or close to stockers run with us as well :D

photo4-7.jpg

This was a great run! This was the first run my wife took the keys and showed how to do it. She had a blast, and to think this was a run we almost missed, because I got laid off from my job hours before. :eek:

This was a great run! This was the first run my wife took the keys and showed how to do it. She had a blast, and to think this was a run we almost missed, because I got laid off from my job hours before. :eek:

attachment.php

See this is why I didn't want to chime in to early:

Work changed my schedule, now working Saturdays!

I may still be able to go though --- the boss is having surgery and will be out for 30 days, which makes ME the interim boss!
:rant:

ffd17547-0af0-420b-a282-c623a17d05c8_zps334d3665.jpg

Don't let Dave's Ranger frighten you,, , He rolls his on-purpose!

21a32070-40a7-4c8f-a500-acf5016b9126_zpsdc2e99d9.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so who will arrive on Thursday?

Back