• Register Today It's free!

3rd Row Seat Delete

junior426

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Decided that the 3rd row seats were taking up space and had no value for me. Heres a pic of what it looks like now. Im really happy with it. Let me get your opinions, maybe I will do a quick how to write-up depending on the feedback.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

3rd row delete

What exactly did you do? It looks like a solid cover, carpeted?
Please share your secret.
Bill W
38N121W

I wouldnt call it a secret. Just unbolted the rear seats, laid some carpet down where the jack and supplies used to be. took a piece of wood, cut it to size, then covered it with carpet. Had the wood sitting at home and got a big piece of marine grade carpet for $5. Sprayed the one side with 3M 77 adhesive spray on the top and stapled the carpet on the back side. I think it turned out real nice. Looks almost factory.

I wouldnt call it a secret. Just unbolted the rear seats, laid some carpet down where the jack and supplies used to be. took a piece of wood, cut it to size, then covered it with carpet. Had the wood sitting at home and got a big piece of marine grade carpet for $5. Sprayed the one side with 3M 77 adhesive spray on the top and stapled the carpet on the back side. I think it turned out real nice. Looks almost factory.

Turned out great. thanks for sharing
Bill W

Post you're 3rd row here for sale.. make some money. There's always someone on here looking for it.

Decided that the 3rd row seats were taking up space and had no value for me. Heres a pic of what it looks like now. Im really happy with it. Let me get your opinions, maybe I will do a quick how to write-up depending on the feedback.

Can you post some pictures in the front where it meet the 2nd row? I have been wanting to do the same but i want to see what it looks like up front..

Nice job! I could use a pic with the 2nd row seats folded flat if you could. Thanks!

heres my 3rd row delete
IMAGE_045.jpg

i like how clean yours looks thats a really clean job. did you have any issues with raised sections where the seat belts mount

If your seats are grey cloth, I'd buy them.

that fiberglassed rear is sick did you do it yourself or no? i was gonna glass mine but i do some spl comps so the ported setup is better for me. plus i still have my shovel, jack, tow strap, hand winch, wood and other toys under the sub floor. i made mine to flip up into different compartments.

Yep did it all my self with my brother. i have a post in the a/v section with all the pics from start to now. I will be doing some shows/comps with mine . i havent metered it yet but im sure it wil be decent after i break in the new sub and get everything tuned. and i agree ported is better but i have always wanted a (pretty box) lol.

yeah this is good it shows
1. useful 3rd row delete
2. some what useful but still takes up space
3. show ready but no storage

its amazing some of the work you see on here. i have glassed a few boxes but thats too much work for me unless im getting payed haha. my box took me about 6 hours to build/carpet with no one helping, over night sealing/curing time and about an hour of wiring. my dam subs have 16 allen screws per sub what a pain.

i like the soundstreams but there too hard to get sponsored for. i only payed about 70 percent of actual cost with my sponsorship

who do you have as a sponsor, I have wanted to get someone for a while and im building up the ex to go to more and more shows.

weebee audio/rockfordfosgate right now in the contact all i had to do was tow a trailer to shows and rep. the shop. wasnt a bad deal at all. RF looks for some ppl willing to put in a hard hitting system but still show that a everyday person can have it. when i get back i should have a reup with RF and weebee but new subs,amp, cap and box are all gonna be in the plans. im shooting for around 190db minimum on my next setup. with this all cranked up like right after they were broken in i hit 178db. you dont wanna be inside it when its at that level, its insane.

if you have around 5 grand to drop on there product then they are gonna atleast show interest. all together i have about 7 in my full audio video setup

weebee audio/rockfordfosgate right now in the contact all i had to do was tow a trailer to shows and rep. the shop. wasnt a bad deal at all. RF looks for some ppl willing to put in a hard hitting system but still show that a everyday person can have it. when i get back i should have a reup with RF and weebee but new subs,amp, cap and box are all gonna be in the plans. im shooting for around 190db minimum on my next setup. with this all cranked up like right after they were broken in i hit 178db. you dont wanna be inside it when its at that level, its insane.

if you have around 5 grand to drop on there product then they are gonna atleast show interest. all together i have about 7 in my full audio video setup

do you have rear air in your Mounty? I noticed u didn't have the nice little storage bin/net in the back on the left.

Removing 3rd Row Seating - Storage Area Vertical Clearance in Inches

RE: Ford Explorer Cross Brace in place of 3rd row seating.
I am seriously considering purchasing the 2015 Ford Explorer Sport. My desire is to mount my bike (bicycle) through the middle 2nd row and into the storage area vertically. Rear wheel forward.

I am tall so the height with the front wheel removed and the fork secured in a quick release bracket is 41" in height and 65" from front to back, from the tip of the rear wheel to the front of the handle brakes.

Length wise it will fit, my question, with the 3rd row seating removed, a cross brace installed and a plywood floor installed what is the vertical clearance from the floor to the underside of the roof?

Thanks
Jim

heres my 3rd row delete
IMAGE_045.jpg

i like how clean yours looks thats a really clean job. did you have any issues with raised sections where the seat belts mount

Looks good. I can't see the original posters pictures but how did you guys attach the wood to the base? I want to take the rest of my 3rd row out but unsure on how to attach the wood. Mysystem is all ready to go in . 2 15" sundown nsv3s and a taramp hd8000. 5 batteries and a 320a alt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 2 amps and 10 farat cap was under the sub floor with two fans moving air over the amps and cap.

Back