Garage door opener on visor not compatable with Marantec garage door opener | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Garage door opener on visor not compatable with Marantec garage door opener

GeekLegion

Reaction score
City, State
Visalia, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Limited Explorer 301
This is already resolved, just wanted to share for those who come looking for answers.

I picked up my limited about 6 weeks ago - and thought I could set up the visor to work with my Marantec garage door opener using the remote from the old car. This is how I had set up my wife's enclave and I didn't realize there are different setup methods.

That is when I discovered that not every brand of garage door opener is compatable with the visor remote.

HOWEVER

If you call the support number listed in the manual, they will send you a receiver that you can wire to your garage door motor. Ford owners do not have to pay for the receiver. I found some Chevy Camaro owners complaning that they had to pay for the converter on another forum.

The instructions did leave out one important detail. I had to reverse the color and white wires when I attatched it to the motor - for most openers this doesn't matter, but it appears my motor is more complicated that most. After figuring that out it was pretty easy to install and set up.

Their customer support gets a thumbs up. No hassle, had an amusing conversation with them as I already had determined what was wrong. They recognized that I had already figured out the problem and didn't treat me like an idiot.

"What kind of garage door opener do you have sir?"

"Marantec"

"Oh."

"Is this where you tell me that your opener isn't compatable?"

"Yeah..... We can send a converter you can add to it so it will work. You'll have to wire it yourself but you can call us back if you need help. How many garage doors do you have?"

"Sounds like I need two - one for each garage door?"

"Thats right! Can I have your address?"​

I'm going to give my extra the insallation manual to the dealer so that they can help others with this. They claimed that this is the first time someone had an incompatable garage door.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep you are right. LearC2U has excellent Service. I recieved mine in 3 days and working like a charm.

When i called them they had never heard of my garage opener brand and said to call the manufacturer :(
To this day I still can't use the visor buttons.

When i called them they had never heard of my garage opener brand and said to call the manufacturer :(
To this day I still can't use the visor buttons.

What kind of opener do you have?

I got mine to work with the garage door but can't get it to work with either of the gates. I have all 3 working on a regular remote. Don't know why the gates are different.

Simply buy a universal receiver. 2 wires and a power supply. It will work in addition to your existing receiver. HD, Lwes, Amazon, or here:

http://www.1stdooropeners.com/multicode/receivers.htm

That would be a great idea...only the garage opener I have (Garaga) isn't listed. It's a French Canadian brand I think...which might explain a bunch lol
However I gotta say that there was no problem pairing it with the Homelink in my other car. So really I blame the Car2U company for not keeping it simple and pairing the device off the remote.

Should have just bought a Genie. ;-)

Should have just bought a Genie. ;-)

I would have probably bought anything but this but when I bought my house it came with it :(

I was in the same boat as you CDN. I call lear again and just ask for the converter as you found out that yours isn't compatable. As long as your garage door has a place to hook in the wiring it should work.

Specifically they sent me 2 Wayne Dalton Car2U Receivers (one for each door). Model WDRR-372R. I think they run around $30 if you had to buy them.

That would be a great idea...only the garage opener I have (Garaga) isn't listed. It's a French Canadian brand I think...which might explain a bunch lol
However I gotta say that there was no problem pairing it with the Homelink in my other car. So really I blame the Car2U company for not keeping it simple and pairing the device off the remote.

If I remember correctly, Garaga is actually a Marantec, with the Garaga label. Chamberlain used to do that for Tru-Value hardware here in the US.

Back