• Register Today It's free!

blend door actuator

jlewty23

Reaction score
City, State
Peoria ,Az.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 ford explorer
hello everyone..I am having a situation here..I replaced the blend door actuator on my 2005 explorer because of the broken gears and no heat...now that i have done this i have no a/c which was working perfectly before...lost in limbo please help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

everything is working normal but i just found out my actuator is not turning at all...replaced it to and the same thing..Not turning.....everything was working upon removal as far as electrical and vacuum

Check the blend door to check for binding. Check the movement of the actuator plugged in and removed from plenium if it moves it should be pretty quick these will still move with extremely low voltage so check with a voltmeter if you have one also is this automatic or manual climate control?

manual climate and still no movement...Did not check with meter

OK check wire gray/yellow pin 7 check that harness power with a tester. If it has voltage check pin 8 black for resistance to ground. Should be less than 5 ohms. If that is OK check resistance between pin 7 gray/yellow and pin 3 dark green/ orange resistance should be between 4001 and 5000 ohms. If the resistance is less than 5,000 check resistance on pin 7 gray/yellow and pin 3 DG/OG . if restance is less than 5 ohms you have a short between those wires if not you need a new climate control switch. Of your resistance is greater than 5,000 ohms then you probably have a open on pin 3 DG/OG and climate control connector pin 3 DG/OG of their resistance is less than 5 ohms there replace the climate control switch. IF YOU JUST WANT TO THROW A PART AT IT INSTEAD OF CHECKING WIRING REPLACE THE CLIMATE CONTROL SWITCH. if that doesn't fix it at least wiring fixes don't cost much...... Well money wise at least if your doing it your self

Back