• Register Today It's free!

window off track

94_XLT

Reaction score
City, State
No.VA!!
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Earlier this week we actully got snow...long story short my dad took my truck the next day...tried to open the window...and broke it. It now jumps off track. How do I fix it? I kind of need the window fixed. How much is it gonna set me back also?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

take off panel, take off plastic, put it back in track... would be my guess. door should come off after you take the few screws out and then pop the cover off, dont brake any of the prongs, would help on which door to, eclectic windows or manual

Which window?

Sorry for the delay I have not had time to check this.

Its the driver side window. Ill pop the panel off the door today and try to fix it though.

One thing i have noticed from my dad forgetting he broke it is...when it goes down it seems fine...when it goes back up its off track.

there electric windows also

how hard is it to change the motor? How much is it gonna set me back? do i have to get it from ford? T_T Ford is gonna charge a pretty penny for that motor T_T

How hard is it to replace? Also my dad is concerned with the windows shattering since it clicks when it rolls up (like when it is walked back into place and locks shut it clicks)

Back