Mount for light switches | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mount for light switches

Where can I find a basic light switch mount that can attached to the underside of the dash? Something with 2 or more holes/openings (1" round) for switches, as I have 2 switches hanging down into the center console.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

why not just take a 1/2" drill and punch a coupel holes in your dash?
PgW1KIZ.jpg

just pic a spot that is easy to reach and not totally obvious and it will look fine. also need to have decent amount of space behind the plastic for the wires and backs of the switches.

theres also a spot below the rear window wiper switch where you can do what Blue has done, that is the spot im putting my switch for the lightbar after i install it.

..If you had your location under your name you would probably get some more responses which may also lead to finding something in stock in your local area..;)

On the model with the pull out center console, I find this an excellent location for switches and wiring. I used the flat area above the pockets.

I just used a 90 degree aluminum peice, drilled a hole for the switch, and used some strong double-sided tape to attach it to the dash. Looks factory

Back