New owner from Kent - manuals etc ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New owner from Kent - manuals etc ?

kent-explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Kent, UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Ford Explorer
Hi guys.
I just picked up a cheap Explorer and wondered if its worth getting a Haynes manual or similar as there are a few jobs that I wanna tackle and I know almost nothing about these cars.

Also I take it ebay is the best source of spares over here ?

Regards
Russ

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome.
Ebay tends to be the cheapest for some parts but not all. I have found it best to compare usual motorfactors and ebay. Alternatively there is Rockauto. You can get pretty much anything from them shipped to you door. The prices are very good for the parts but postage can become prohibitive. Again best to compare and then take your choice. If you are after motorcraft parts the states is cheaper even with the postage cost. That has been my experience anyway.
As for Haynes manual, I wouldn't bother. I bought one and have barely used it. Just search this forum and you'll find more than you need. Youtube can also provide some useful how-to videos.

Andy

Cheers for the reply. One question - where is the clock ?

Where's the clock.... there isn't one. Just go on ebay by a £3 battery clock with a clip and put it on one of the vents. Cheapest and easiest solution. I went almost year without one, quite refreshing in someways not constantly knowing the time.

There is crap so called clock in the radio, It depends on time info being sent with the toons- not always done so hardly works! It's right about buy one or use your watch or phone or I pad, welcome mate- hope you enjoy the explorer.... Any help you need just ask, had a few over the years and have done most everything to them, always happy to help!

Well today I got rid of the double din radio that was locked and installed a single din converter and dab radio.

Now that I have sounds its some trim that needs to be sorted. I will try and source an ariel trim for the wing and rear hatch inner trim and I need to sort the drivers mirror that works but does not actually adjust the glass.
The 4x4 system appears to work fine too !

Back