• Register Today It's free!

Wiring diagram question.

itsGerson

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer XLT v8
Does anybody know what wire I need to tap into for the factory alarm system?

When you double click your lock button the turn signals flash. I'm trying to tap into that source to make my led light bar flash with the turn signals everytime I lock my truck.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you could take the feed right from the turn signal to activate a double throw relay, only down side would be that it would blink with the use of your hazards when the car is off

you could take the feed right from the turn signal to activate a double throw relay, only down side would be that it would blink with the use of your hazards when the car is off

Wouldn't it also activate it everytime I used my turn signals?

if you can comprehend my crude drawing, my thought would be to use two relays. a single pole double throw and a single pole single throw

the double throw relay would be energized with a 12 volt ignition source, thus connecting the light bar to a switched 12 volt supply. when the relay is De-Energized the relay would connect the light bar to the turn signal relay which in turn would be activated by the power from the turn signal and connecting a 12 volt feed when the turn signals are lit while the car is not in accessory mode.

57416DD9-01B2-4BF5-B844-39EC7E020ACB_zpsdbav80ja.jpg

I see what you're saying now. I'm gonna do some digging around In the fuse box see what I find.

yeah i mean that was just the first thing that rolled off my head without getting too deep into fords wiring

Back