Stic-o's F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4WD | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Stic-o's F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4WD

Small update: Truck has been at the body shop for a week and a half now. They took it over to Ford Wednesday and Ford found more damage then originally thought. They have to order new Superwinch hubs because it screwed up the splines. Some other parts too, but they are basically rebuilding the entire outer on there driver side. Hopefully I'll get her back by the end of next week.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

new update: Still don't have the truck back:(

it's back driving on it's own...just not in a straight line. I went over and drove it yesterday, and it's not right. Was pulling to the left so they changed out the alignment cam. Now it pulls to the right pretty bad when braking. I'm concerned that only replaced the driver leaf spring but left the passenger alone...with 135k miles on it. If they can't figure it out today, it's going over to ORU (Off Road Unlimited) next week. Then at least I'll have someone working on it that knows what to do with a Solid Front Axle:rolleyes:

..I'm wondering if the frame is out of whack..:scratch:

They'll figure it out soon enough.

Meanwhile the investigator called today. :D

Turns out I was dead on, for the make, model, color and year. They impounded the car that night. She has prior dui, but isn't saying anything and her lawyer is handling everything. We have same insurance company, but it's her dad's insurance and they don't want to go through it and are asking for arbitration. They are moving forward to prosecute.

Sounds like I'm getting my deductible back:D

..How old is the driver?

They'll figure it out soon enough.

Meanwhile the investigator called today. :D

Turns out I was dead on, for the make, model, color and year. They impounded the car that night. She has prior dui, but isn't saying anything and her lawyer is handling everything. We have same insurance company, but it's her dad's insurance and they don't want to go through it and are asking for arbitration. They are moving forward to prosecute.

Sounds like I'm getting my deductible back:D

Arbitration would be for a case where there was any doubt of fault or amount of money to be paid if a civil suit was filed. I am not seeing that here since your truck was parked and unoccupied, and you have no basis for a civil suit since your insurance paid for your damages (except the deductible, which is not worth going after in small claims). In order to prosecute, someone must have seen her driving, so I think you are all set. Hope they give her some jail time so she can dry out.

Arbitration would be for a case where there was any doubt of fault or amount of money to be paid if a civil suit was filed. I am not seeing that here since your truck was parked and unoccupied, and you have no basis for a civil suit since your insurance paid for your damages (except the deductible, which is not worth going after in small claims). In order to prosecute, someone must have seen her driving, so I think you are all set. Hope they give her some jail time so she can dry out.

Sorry I was incorrect. It's restitution the lawyer wants. Insurance said they didn't think that was going to work, and as soon as they can verify the insurance I get my deductible back.

You mean the lawyer wants restitution for himself or wants to repay the insurance company for your vehicle damage?

You mean the lawyer wants restitution for himself or wants to repay the insurance company for your vehicle damage?

Repay insurance from what I understand, which tells me he knows she is going to get nailed and there trying to show good faith now.

Truck is at Ford again and they're trying to figure it out.

Repay insurance from what I understand, which tells me he knows she is going to get nailed and there trying to show good faith now.

Truck is at Ford again and they're trying to figure it out.

That is a little strange. I am no insurance expert, but I bet her insurance is going to be canceled as soon as they get the police report and settle with you.

My insurance got the police report today. I heard it's a riot. Guess they went to the house and the car was in the driveway, front door was open and she was drunk off her ass. Changed her story a few times. Unsure if the car had insurance at the time because the title was being "transferred" at the time. However it had to be registered to her house, if they found her there. I'm wondering if she was excluded from the insurance.

I do have uninsured motorist on the truck though.

It's beyond me how people like her still have a license, she's got a serious problem.

It's beyond me how people like her still have a license, she's got a serious problem.

Look in the license section on the report under "class". Does it say "U" or "S" or "N"??

So my insurance talked to her lawyer and he said the insurance is not his problem, because he is only representing the "driver" in a criminal case, not the car. But he did give the out daddy's name and insurance company. Which is the same as mine. My insurance adjuster said enough BS, I'm refunding your deductible. :D

now I just need the truck back. :(

Still no truck:(

They had it on the frame machine today and happy to report both rails are straight. They did fine the passenger rear spring hanger was also bent. There looking to see if the axle housing is bent next. They have already said they would replace it if bent. Now we wait some more...

I can't believe how long they are taking to get your truck back to you:eek:

So two months after this began it looks like the Truck will finally come home Monday:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's great news! Am curious how you like it once you tow with it...I'll be in the tow rig market in a year or so.

What all did they find/replace to make it right for you?

-Mike

Back