Roast me for buying primewell tires. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Roast me for buying primewell tires.

Roast me for buying these Primewell Valera HT tires size 245/75/16... For $78 each and a coupon for a $49 alignment. How bad can they be?

Even though my Ex is lifted it never goes "off road" so to speak, it also doesn't get driven in the snow. ( I have an old Volvo with snow tires for that) I just need everyday tires for mainly regular roads and freeway driving, some dirt or gravel roads, maybe a two track trail here and there but no mud bogging.

To sell a tire in the USA it has to have safety standards and I would assume they were tested and passed. What I really want is some reasons why I shouldn't buy these tires.

I've done the search on the web and they have mixed reviews but no horror stories.

This deal is just too good to pass up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My mom had primewell tires on her civic, nothing horrible but they didn't hold air well and worn down pretty quick. Buy em if you want. But that isn't that great of a deal, paid $130 (I think) for my faulken rocky mountains. They wear good, excellent traction on and off road, quiet other than a slight roar at 30 mph, only down side is the size I got is 2 ply sidewall so they are pretty soft. 40 psi keeps them firm though
I would NEVER buy HT tires though, get some all terrains or dedicated street tire. Not a tire based off an all terrain.

i put 2 primewells on my windstar because i had a blowout and did not have the cash to put on matching nitto's the nittos were 2 years old when primewells were put on and still on vehicle when primewells were worn out. it may seem crazy but put on a quality 6 ply tire, whether your going off road or not it will cost a little more but will outlast the cheap junk by double or more. my next set of tires will be either some nitto's that the local guy sells or Hancook dynapro atm's not only will they wear longer with no road noise will also get some traction if you need it!!!!

Well I bought em' $480 gone, including alignment and road hazard! I mean really, who can touch that price.

Initial 50 mile thoughts... Today was slushy and wet. Good traction on that, not sure bout packed snow.

Soft ride, but a bit noisy on the freeway.

Will update around 1000 miles.

Shizzz 480 is good!?!? I only paid 5xx for my faulkens. Granted I didn't get an alignment, I did get lifetime rotation, balance, and hazard. Never paid more than 150 for an alignment. And that was after I did my lower ball joints, and upper control arms (WAY outta wack by the time I was done) went to the big goodyear place and had a computer set up. The other 2 times only cost 75, still computer done but at a small shop and truck was close to what it needed.

Shizzz 480 is good!?!? I only paid 5xx for my faulkens. Granted I didn't get an alignment, I did get lifetime rotation, balance, and hazard. Never paid more than 150 for an alignment. And that was after I did my lower ball joints, and upper control arms (WAY outta wack by the time I was done) went to the big goodyear place and had a computer set up. The other 2 times only cost 75, still computer done but at a small shop and truck was close to what it needed.

What SIZE tire?

80? I paid about 130 a piece. I wish they were 80 :D woulda put one on the spare to!
I'm not saying I paid less than you, I definitely paid more, but these are WAY better tires than the primewell. Honestly I'd get retreads or used tires before I got primewells if money was that short. Granted those rocky mountains drained my bank account to nothing, not like I ever have much anyways :( damn kroger

The website says they are $150, but I know I didn't pay quiet that much, close to it though. After tax it was something close to $600, I think $585?

Understood. I guess I started this thread to get roasted anyway... but I will keep the thread updated as I put some mileage on these el cheapos. :)

Not sure about roasting ya, but I have gone thru ALOT of tires and brands Never heard of Primewell before, but have Never seen a tire that cheap in that size either. You have a warranty and hazard, see how they do. 16's and 17's prices have gone up drastically. I prefer BFG A/T's for an all around tire, I however do not think they are worth the price they are going for in 16's. Keep us posted.

$78 x 4 = $312

$480 - 312 = $168

What did the extra $168 cover :scratch:

$78 x 4 = $312

$480 - 312 = $168

What did the extra $168 cover :scratch:

The extra comes from the alignment, road hazard, and they charged to balance.

What store did you go to? Road hazard and balance should be free imho. Assuming the aliment was $50, that's $118 for road hazard, balance, and I guess disposal. That's $$$ for what you're getting.
If I remember right, I paid 1 or 2 bucks a tire for disposal.

I bought my x about 40k miles ago with primewell pa100s on it. Backs are bald on the inside from bein on front with bad tie rod ends. One front has a golf ball sized hole in the sidewall and the other is still about 5/32. Damn good tires for the money. They're a firestone fleet tire. Too bad the price went way up on em.

Ok heres the run down

245/75/16 Primewell Valera HT $74.74 X 4 $298.76

It looks like they charged me $52 for balancing and valve stems.

Alignment was $69

Road hazard was $40 for all 4 tires.

No disposal fee cause I took my old Firestones back. 265/70/16's

Overall I still thought it was a great deal.

Good idea on taking the old tires :thumbsup: I'll do that next time, dump next to my house takes em for free. But wasn't the aliment supposed to be $50?

Yea offer was expired for the alignment so it was $69. I took my old tires cause they are still good! 265/70/16 Firestones Wilderness LE. Still have good tread on them. Probly try and sell them locally for a couple benjamins.

If the tires were fine, why are you replacing them? You give me a head ache

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL

I had just bought the previous tires 265/70/16 Wilderness (used). I had the stock tires on previous to that (235/70/16). I didn't like the way the 265's drove so I went back to a more narrow tire but a little taller at the same time so it looks ok still with my lift.

Back