• Register Today It's free!

Bed Extender Pivot Pins?

RoughEdge

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Sport Trac XLS 4x4
I got a bed extender from a co-worker who traded in his Sport Trac but not his bed extender, but I don't have the pivot pins in my Trac, and his went with his truck.

$50 EACH from a Ford dealer seems very insane to me. But I can't find any place else to buy them.

Any suggestions?j Or do I need to bite the bullet and just drop the $100?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bed Extender Pivot Pins

Roughedge:

This sounds very familiar. I live in So Cal and I just got a Bed Extender (Ford Brand) from Craigslist. Paid $80. I have a 03 Sport Trac.
I have the same problem. No pins on my truck either. I did some research. You need two pins, Ford p/n W707381-S900. Cost me $7.55 ea pin plus tax. at a local Ford Dealer.
I was lucky that I got a very helpful parts guy at a local ford dealer. He even referred me to dealers that had them in stock.
You can also order through www.fordparts.com.
Your can also check out the Sport Trac Member website and search for help there. Thats where I got the help.

http://www.mysporttrac.com

Rock on! Thanks man, I ordered em online (fordparts.com was out of stock) and they look like they will work great.

MUCH cheaper than the dealer.

I was able to get them for 10.00 a piece in Jacksonville. $20 for the 2.

Bed extender pins

The bed extender pins I have are threaded yet the holes in my bed are not... any ideas???

The bolts are self tapping. Just start them straight. You can tap the holes, but it's not necessary.

You rock! I should have tried that but was afraid I'd ruin the bolts or the holes.

----------------
1998 Harley Road King

I know this is an old thread, but does W707381-S900 include 1 bolt or 2?

Thanks.

Roughedge:

This sounds very familiar. I live in So Cal and I just got a Bed Extender (Ford Brand) from Craigslist. Paid $80. I have a 03 Sport Trac.
I have the same problem. No pins on my truck either. I did some research. You need two pins, Ford p/n W707381-S900. Cost me $7.55 ea pin plus tax. at a local Ford Dealer.
I was lucky that I got a very helpful parts guy at a local ford dealer. He even referred me to dealers that had them in stock.
You can also order through www.fordparts.com.
Your can also check out the Sport Trac Member website and search for help there. Thats where I got the help.

http://www.mysporttrac.com

It's beendr awhile but I thought they were sold individually...one quick phone call will verify!

Just ordered the pivots from my local dealer. You are correct, it is 1 per package. I did pretty well, only paying $50 for the extender and then $22 for the pivot bolts.

Back