Creak in driver seat | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Creak in driver seat

[MENTION=99422]merchjo[/MENTION] Thanks for the update. I took my Ex in a few weeks ago. The service manager rode with me and verified that he heard the noise. When the tech got it, he didn't hear anything. I rode with him again, and I still heard it, but he didn't. He said it would have been to quiet to diagnose. So, I left with nothing actually being done. The squeak is still there. Hopefully your issue gets resolved.

[MENTION=157968]FordService[/MENTION] Is there a way to get a copy of the service bulletin that I could show my dealer?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...[MENTION=157968]FordService[/MENTION] Is there a way to get a copy of the service bulletin that I could show my dealer?

Thanks.

Hi rfs2005,

I don't have access to service bulletins; when you head in to your appointment, your dealership will be able to see any applicable bulletins/alerts in our system. Let me know if you have any other questions. :thumbsup:

Crystal

[MENTION=99422]merchjo[/MENTION] Any luck getting your issue resolved?

Nope all the parts and its still making the noise. I have asked the dealer ship to replace the seat and I asked the case manager the same. Not heard anything back.

Nope all the parts and its still making the noise. I have asked the dealer ship to replace the seat and I asked the case manager the same. Not heard anything back.

Hi merchjo,

I reached out to your customer service manager (CSM) and asked him for a follow-up date; as soon as I hear back from him, I'll let you know. :thumbsup:

Crystal

[MENTION=99422]merchjo[/MENTION] Any luck getting your Explorer fixed. With the colder weather, I haven't noticed the creaking as much, but it is still very noticeable on warmer days.

They want to pull the seat apart, they wont replace it. But like you said it has gotten very cold here, 20s in NJ so it does not make the noise. Its definitely heat related but I am having a very hard time to get anyone to understand that. Even the guy responsible for my case that Crystal open does not seem interested in hearing what I have to say.

I am going to talk to the dealer again and see if they want to rip open the seat now while its not making the noise or wait for warmer weather.

It sucks because I like the truck but not be able to get it fixed is making me swing away from Ford for future purchases.

Joe

I have a '14 Explorer and the driver seat was also creaking every time I leaned back. I had to take it to the dealer a few times before they were able to regenerate the noise. Come to find out it was the lower lumbar support in the back rest that was creaking. What they ended up doing was instead of replacing it they re-upholstered the seat. It has been about 8 months now and so far no more noise.

Hope this help.

Back