is it possible to swap driver and passenger seats | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

is it possible to swap driver and passenger seats

1991fordexploder

Reaction score
City, State
Sanford, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT stock
i have those funny lookin bucket seats like the seats in the 2nd gen limited and eb. anyway my drivers seat has had it and so have i. is it possible to swap the two sides?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont think so, the recline lever thing would be on the wrong side (and the seatbelt too).

There has to be a way to swap the seatframe
Posted via Mobile Device

Not sure which seats you have but I used two passenger side 60/40 bench seat deals in my ranger for awhile. The recline was in the center but I have a standard cab so I never used it anyway. I used the driver side sliders and they bolted right to the bottom of the seats.

swap seat only

Old Thread I realize, but . . .

. . . I am thinkin ov swapin' the seat only . . . all track and back and hardware to remain in place . . .

Thoughts on that

If you take them apart the foam can be swapped, my sport has pass side foam in the drivers seat

^^^that. i did the same thing in the spring time. i also saw a few stringers broken as well, and the seat back cross brace had broken the spot welds. when i was done fixing everything (the seat was trashed beyond even what i thought it was) it felt like i was sitting in a lifted truck!

Have the same issue with my 05 Ex, the drivers seat is thrashed both the back rest as well as the seat cushion. Passenger seat is mint cond. It would be great if can swap out the seat and have the new one in the driver's place. How difficult is it to take the seat apart and change everything over? Thanks,

Back