2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL: DD/Tow Rig | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL: DD/Tow Rig

Fuel pump can be heard I'm going to try to check the pressure but do not have all the stuff I need to do that. We live in an appartment so limited work can be done. I just believe it was to loud on the side of the road to hear last night.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Now I have check out the turbo just to make sure it looked and felt right. It does.

Drove it for 20 mins tonight and it would not do anything out of the ordinary. Replacing the CPS tomorrow after I pick one up.

You know that there was a recall for the CPS? Cauz that might save you some cash if the recall is still valid and your vehicle qualifies.

My brother works at a Ford dealership and is going to check on that for me in the morning. Im hoping that will work out and I get away free.

This is just a very weird problem that is driving me insane.

Well I changed the CPS and it seems the problem is resolved.

I will be keeping an eye on it.

Update

Well the CPS seems to be the issue. I have not had any problems out of it since I changed it out.

Hopefully this will not happen again. It was tricky to change out but not a hard task.

Good to hear. Some PSD owners keep a spare CPS (and a wrench to change it out with) in the glove box for this type of situation.

Im going to buy another on to keep with me. It seems the more I talk to people who own them the more I see this happening.

Im going to buy another on to keep with me. It seems the more I talk to people who own them the more I see this happening.
Yeah the more PSD owners you talk to, the larger your "emergency kit" becomes. My old van for example, needed a new IDM (injector driver module - takes the nominal 12-14 system level volts and bumps it up to over 100 volts to drive the high pressure fuel injectors) and I read on some forums that some PSD owners actually keep spare IDMs in the vehicle ready for swap (which isnt so easy to execute on a van since the IDM is bolted INSIDE the freaking fender, INNSIDE !!!). For me though, I prefer the ostrich-head-in-the-sand approach, play ignorant and hope that it never happens to me. ;):thumbsup:

ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg

Yeah the more PSD owners you talk to, the larger your "emergency kit" becomes. My old van for example, needed a new IDM (injector driver module - takes the nominal 12-14 system level volts and bumps it up to over 100 volts to drive the high pressure fuel injectors) and I read on some forums that some PSD owners actually keep spare IDMs in the vehicle ready for swap (which isnt so easy to execute on a van since the IDM is bolted INSIDE the freaking fender, INNSIDE !!!). For me though, I prefer the ostrich-head-in-the-sand approach, play ignorant and hope that it never happens to me. ;):thumbsup:

ostrich-head-in-sand.jpg

No Kidding, IPR (injection pressure regulator) is another piece that is in high demand. Apparently, they hold open and do not allow the pump to build injection oil pressures.

What would be the symptoms of that so i can know if it happens.

In Need of Help

Hey guys,

I have a little problem with my F-250.

I have been tracing down a oil leek and tonight I found oil on top of the engine and it is running down the back of the engine and around the transmission housing. It leaks after the engine is off and is on the right side.

Any causes that you know of. I am going to start my online search now.

Thanks for any help.

I am going to check the HPOP and the ICP sensor this weekend and see what it turns up. We shall see.

Ill still look for advise.

I would also check your HPOP o-rings.....worked on a 7.3 excursion with a similar leak and that was the resolution...not a bad job at all

-Mike

Oil leak will be fixed next week. Needs the exhaust break valve fixed so I am doing the delete to completely remove the EBV.

Also learned the 250 fits in my garage!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 198

Wish my 250 fit in the garage. :(

My g/f's parents finished their two car garage last summer. Her Dad put a man cave all across the back wall. He miscalculated at some point, so the garage is like 8" too short in depth to fit his ext cab F250 long box. Can't move the problem wall. It's solid concrete. Don't want modify the wall either, since the ceiling of his man cave is made of two huge slabs of concrete, and the wall supports them. Even if he notched the wall to accept his bumper, I still think his back bumper might be out too far, and his hitch is out past that.

My g/f's parents finished their two car garage last summer. Her Dad put a man cave all across the back wall. He miscalculated at some point, so the garage is like 8" too short in depth to fit his ext cab F250 long box. Can't move the problem wall. It's solid concrete. Don't want modify the wall either, since the ceiling of his man cave is made of two huge slabs of concrete, and the wall supports them. Even if he notched the wall to accept his bumper, I still think his back bumper might be out too far, and his hitch is out past that.

Short bed:D

Well that is a bummer! When we bought this house we did not check to see if the F-250 would fit because we only made sure that the Edge and Explorer would fit.

I have now replaced the turbo pedestal and turbo outlet with a non-EBV (Exhaust Brake Valve) parts. This fixed the top oil leak but make us aware of the other oil leak I have. When I bought the F-250 I knew that the oil pan was bent and could possibly be a problem but it had no oil leak at that time. After having a diesel shop put it on a lift and give me their thoughts we all agree that the oil pan is bent behind the firewall and the seal have finally let go. This means that I have to pull the engine to replace the pan, oil pick up, rear engine cover, & rear main seal. I will be keeping up with the leak for a while and in June or July the engine & transmission will come out together.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back