1999 B3000 4X4 3.0 V6 4r55e transmission problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 B3000 4X4 3.0 V6 4r55e transmission problem

rogue-wave

Reaction score
City, State
All over
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 B3000 4X4
I had posted this in the wrong section so I'm reposting it here...

Hello all,
Hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction I just bought a 1999 Mazda B3000 4X4 (133,000 miles) with the 3.0 V6 and auto transmission to run around in Portland Maine (so I don't have to rent a car when flying into town).
The truck runs fine except for the trans not going into gear right away after it warms up. If I drive it and turn it off and then re-start it, it will not go into gear right away, its like its in neutral for a bit and finally it will engage after revving up the engine. I'm afraid the pump may be bad? (Just a wild guess) I'm kind of a shade tree mechanic and have been messin' with cars for many years. I'm just trying to figure out what's going on and what the fix is.
The trans is a 4r55e I believe, mated to a 3.0 V6 with four wheel drive. I read where this "may" be the problem. http://www.ford-trucks.com/articles...-a-bad-separator-plate-and-valve-body-gasket/
I sure hope I didn't buy a stinker and throw money away. Thanks for any and all the help.
Rob

It's a dang ford ranger folks...thanks for the help

Back