• Register Today It's free!

Newbie, just found this forum.

PWR Adict

Reaction score
City, State
Surrey BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT
Hi guys, WOW, I never knew there was such a cool grouping of Explorer owners. I built our Explorer back in 2006 and with our 3rd child on the way, I am looking to do a slight re fresh on the concept. I am stoked to find this forum and will be surfing all the threads to learn more about what is being done with this neat SUV.

Previous to the Explorer, my Wife drove an Escape I built her. Sadly, a lady running a red light sent that one top the grave R.I.P.

Currently, I am on the fence of updating the interior with a 3rd row, any ideas on where to find these parts would be appreciated. And I see a few gen 3 guys have found a source for a body lift, anyone have more details on that?

I am running 33’s currently, but am looking to shed the 17” Welds in favour of a custom set of 22’s

Here are some images of our XLT and our little Escape before it ended up on the wrecker!

Money%20Shot%20Front%203_4_6098.jpg

rear_6061.jpg

Side_Rear_6104.jpg

Our beloved ESCAPE :(

Escape-1.jpg

Escape-2.jpg

Escape-3.jpg

UPDATE

Alright guys...

It has been a while since I have been up here. Three kids and a lot going on at work has sliced my free time in the evenings razor thin.

A few months back I completed the refresh on the Explorer. I can say that I am really happy with the end look. The truck sounds great, and rides very smooth. The HID's lights have been killer on the back country roads.

I know a few have asked about the flares, I made these and created some simple tooling. They are hand laid fiberglass and allowed me to get that aggressive look on the truck!

The wheels have been custom built, the original roof rack has been narrowed, and powder coated black and the original driving lights have been changed out for a smaller HID version.

DSC06614.JPG

DSC06615.JPG

DSC06683.JPG

DSC06646_web.jpg

Here is a link to my home page.
http://hpamotorsports.com

WebUpdate2010.jpg

At the very bottom you can click on the FPD link to catch some of the other Ford’s we have played with

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't know much about the 3rd gens but i have to say you got some clean lookin rigs! Welcome!

welcome and nice x and nice escape

Super nice rides. Love that roof basket and the wheels. Well the whole ride is sweet.

STU

Both look great. I would keep the 17" wheels. 22s would look silly -- unless you change the whole off-road look. Even then, 22s are too big IMO.

Both look great. I would keep the 17" wheels. 22s would look silly -- unless you change the whole off-road look. Even then, 22s are too big IMO.

I was thinking the same thing. 22s will make it look stupid. It looks amazing as it is.

I was thinking the same thing. 22s will make it look stupid. It looks amazing as it is.

Alright guys...

It has been a while since I have been up here. Three kids and a lot going on at work has sliced my free time in the evenings razor thin.

A few months back I completed the refresh on the Explorer. I can say that I am really happy with the end look. The truck sounds great, and rides very smooth. The HID's lights have been killer on the back country roads.

I know a few have asked about the flares, I made these and created some simple tooling. They are hand laid fiberglass and allowed me to get that aggressive look on the truck!

The wheels have been custom built, the original roof rack has been narrowed, and powder coated black and the original driving lights have been changed out for a smaller HID version.

DSC06614.JPG

DSC06615.JPG

DSC06683.JPG

DSC06646_web.jpg

Here is a link to my home page.
http://hpamotorsports.com

WebUpdate2010.jpg

At the very bottom you can click on the FPD link to catch some of the other Ford’s we have played with

Love to hear what everyone thinks of the Explorer refresh!

Awesome lookin rig. Can you give me the details on the sub enclosure?

It looks amazing other than the wheels and tires.

nice :)

(glad you went with sony lol :p, take a look at my system)

Wow, that's got to be the best looking 4th gen I have seen yet!

You are going to have a lot of people wanting to get some flares made!!! Good luck and keep up the great work!

Darn, that's one good looking Ex!

Awesome lookin rig. Can you give me the details on the sub enclosure?

Just made a custom side mount. There is a grill cover that tucks in. the wife needed the cargo area for strollers etc, but I needed a bit of background thump..this was our happy medium :)

DSC06686_web.jpg

DSC06695_web.jpg

DSC06689_web.jpg

DSC06603_web.jpg

DSC06666_web.jpg

Did you decide against the 3rd row? I'm trying to find info on adding one to our '08 EB.

don't know if you can add a third row or not, but I'm fixin to take my third row out and put a big sub box in its place. Let me know if you want my seats. color is tan. Awesome looking truck, love to know how to build those flares. Welcome to explorer forum

Great looking rig.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back