Moab 2015 - May 22-24 | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2015 - May 22-24

...Its never the same without Char calling drivers meeting and Rick taking pics of each rig and asking about the latest mods..

...Just letting you know you guys are missed..:salute:

...and dont worry about us....we are all getting along as best as a group of unsupervized kids could be expected to behave...:biggthump

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to join you guys on this run :(

Last month I had a gallbladder attack and it was recommended that I have it removed. I had the attack while on small run at Truck Haven and I had to drive 4 hrs back. I drove straight to the closest hospital to our house in incredible pain.

Since then I hadn't had any further issues, and I thought I would be fine for this trip. Most importantly, Char was going to join me and if something did happen, she would have been able to drive me back to AZ. Well Char's health has been very poor, in fact she has a surgery scheduled for the middle of June, and she decided that she couldn't make the run at the last minute.

I had one last hope, We were supposed to be going to Moab with a local Jeep friend of ours and a couple of his friends. I figured if worse came to worst one of them could have driven me home. Well yesterday morning I went to his place in Wickenburg with the Pumpkin all loaded and ready to go... he bailed and couldn't make the run:banghead:

I just do not want to risk being 9 hours from home and having to be admitted to some small town hospital in the middle of nowhere.

My most sincere apologies to all. Believe me there is nowhere else I would rather be at this moment than in Moab with you!

I sent a care package to Kris and Russ by Priority Express, there will be goodies for all drivers at Saturday's dinner:chug:

Have a great safe trip. Char and I will be with you in thought that's for sure.

BTW, I will suck it up and have the surgery so that there will be no excuses for the 20th anniversary next year. Yes, I'm a wimp when it comes to this... 53 years young and never been under the knife before:eek:

While I am very sorry your not going to make it you need to take care of yourself

...The KOA has expanded like double and kinda become high falutin..

...I went over to see if the Texas crew had returned and a guy stopped me before I even got to the office....He said all guest have to register and pay ten bucks...:wtf:

..He said all guest have to register and pay ten bucks...:wtf:

I hope that's refundable if you leave without burning the place down:eek:

Ok guys sorry for delay....had some rig breakage on chicken corners and just now getting back into town...right now we are heading to the Mexican restaurant north of town for anyone else in town.

BTW our big group dinner will be at the branding iron on saturday, 5/23 at 7 pm. Let's meet there in the parking lot at 6 for group photo

ForumRunner_20150522_195153.png

This is where we are eating at right now :)

For you guys that couldn't make it on the chicken corners run this morning, no problem!! We will be meeting at City market parking lot in the morning at 830 sharp!! Hope to see some new faces in the morning! !!

I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to join you guys on this run :(

Last month I had a gallbladder attack and it was recommended that I have it removed. I had the attack while on small run at Truck Haven and I had to drive 4 hrs back. I drove straight to the closest hospital to our house in incredible pain.

Since then I hadn't had any further issues, and I thought I would be fine for this trip. Most importantly, Char was going to join me and if something did happen, she would have been able to drive me back to AZ. Well Char's health has been very poor, in fact she has a surgery scheduled for the middle of June, and she decided that she couldn't make the run at the last minute.

I had one last hope, We were supposed to be going to Moab with a local Jeep friend of ours and a couple of his friends. I figured if worse came to worst one of them could have driven me home. Well yesterday morning I went to his place in Wickenburg with the Pumpkin all loaded and ready to go... he bailed and couldn't make the run:banghead:

I just do not want to risk being 9 hours from home and having to be admitted to some small town hospital in the middle of nowhere.

My most sincere apologies to all. Believe me there is nowhere else I would rather be at this moment than in Moab with you!

I sent a care package to Kris and Russ by Priority Express, there will be goodies for all drivers at Saturday's dinner:chug:

Have a great safe trip. Char and I will be with you in thought that's for sure.

BTW, I will suck it up and have the surgery so that there will be no excuses for the 20th anniversary next year. Yes, I'm a wimp when it comes to this... 53 years young and never been under the knife before:eek:

Even tho Moab will not be the same without you and Char here, your health is more important. Til Moab 2016!!! :chug:

Glasken and I are fueling up and we'll see y'all soon!

Thanks for the support:chug:

Have a great time out there, and post some pics to the thread when you have a chance:D

Take care Rick. I was really hoping to meet you again, but 2016 will be worth the wait.:)

On a side note I had to make a slight trail modification. Apparently with the extra weight of the v8, it put extra stress on my already soft torsion bars and the right front tire andkept catching in the fender well. Used some tin snips to prevent that and its hidden so Red still has his good looks. Definitely gonna replace this TB's befir 2016!

Thanks for the support:chug:

Have a great time out there, and post some pics to the thread when you have a chance:D

..Well let me be the first..:D

..I travel hundreds of miles off road with this guy and I leave him alone for five minutes in a grass field and he winds up getting a hole in his exhaust and then text me for muffler tape..Did I mention this was on the way to the morning drivers meeting..:)

20150523_085844_1_.jpg

Disclaimer: Before he gets back to post, I know he will post about my carnage so I want to soften the blow..

..We were camped 100 miles from Moab and were 40 miles from highway on the final leg of our long exploration trip...We get two miles from the highway and I rip the right front coil out both top and bottom retainers...I had already broke a shock bolt I found right before we took off that morning so there was nothing to do but rip the coil out when I launched..:burnout:..No biggy and fixed pretty quick..

Carnage from me is to be expected from time to time...Picture of Brian1 doing parking lot repairs to his own vehicle...Priceless..:biggthump

20150521_112311_1_.jpg

20150521_113854_1_.jpg

Glad we got to meet everyone this morning. Hope today's runs were better than our ride. Trails and views were awesome. Rain, hail high winds and hoarfrost forming on arm hair not so awesome.

Sorry if we can't make the dinner tonight, but we're going to need some recovery time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 256

Wasn't all bad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 249

Got a whole lot of pics and video to sort through but here's a group shot on dome plateau

ForumRunner_20150523_173510.png

Looking forward to the pics. I've never run Dome Plateau before. I'll have to check it out in my Wells book.

Had an awesome time on Dome Plateau! At least this time I didn't have to run the trail twice to get parts. ;p

Surprisingly for a moderate trail, this one was as tough as Top of the World two years ago, however our resident "stockers" made it through all the stuff the built rigs did, some of which were giving even our veterans pause. Just goes to show that heeps ain't got nothin' on a smart driver and a stock Explorer. :D

As soon as we get back to a place with a decent wifi connection or cell signal, look to facebook for most of the pictures and vids.

Oh... and Dorman can burn in hell!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice group shot and pics...Keep em comin'! :)

Back