• Register Today It's free!

New to me "project" B2

wysmith95

Reaction score
City, State
Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 F-350, 87 Bronco 2
Hello everyone, I just picked up an 87 Bronco 2 for $250 as a project. The catch however, it's been sitting for about 5 years and the reason it was parked was unknown to the guy I got it from.

Anyway, a buddy and I started going through to see what was missing or obviously broken. Looks like some hoses and relays, battery terminals, etc were removed while it sat. We made a junkyard run yesterday and got almost everything we could see was missing. Put a few gallons of fresh gas in, turned the key and the alternator light came on the dash, (are the rest of the lights supposed to come on as well?) tried to crank her over and it fails to start. I'm hoping someone can give me some leads on what I should be testing through.

We are not getting fuel to the motor. I found a write up on google on testing through the relays, inertia switch, back to the pumps and will be doing that this afternoon. My other question is about a wire coming out of a loom behind the battery and supposedly going to the negative side. Can anyone tell me what this wire would be? It looks to be black with a light blue tracer? Someone then extended it with a piece of red wire making me think it shouldn't be hooked up to the negative side, but after seeing a few more of these in the JY, it seems this wire should be on the negative side. Hopefully someone can enlighten me, this is my first Bronco 2 and I'd love to get her going. I'll post up some more interior pics later on if anyone is interested.

Sorry for the long post, look forward to seeing what you all have to say!

Attachments

• 20150829_170222.jpg
    20150829_170222.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 20150901_155235.jpg
    20150901_155235.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 238

Update: Tested through the fuel system today, my fuel pump relay was bad. Just to test, I jumped the relay connector and was able to get the fuel pumps to turn on. Tried cranking and still had a no start.

Another question came up: Am I supposed to be getting any lights on the dash with the key on and engine off? All I am getting is the alternator/charge light. Could this be a sign the EEC may not be getting power?

Back