trailers lets see them!!!! | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

trailers lets see them!!!!

i do a ton of camping, 4-5 trips a year. I am so sick and tired of putting up and taking down the tent that i am going to build a teardrop trailer. What do you guys think? I will probably need a trailer with at least a 1,500lbs capacity to start.

These photos are not mine, but this build up will give you the basic idea
The Truck with a Heart

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since this thread started out as a camper trailer thread, I'm going to post this question here. :)

If anyone has heard of, seen, or knows of, anyone who has an Adventure Line Campliner, I'd love to hear about it. I'd particularly love to get pics of it. Adventure Line campers were manufactured by the Adventure Line Manufacturing Company in the 50's and 60's. The company was started by my grandfather and I'd love to have as many pics of the campers as possible. If one was for sale and affordable I'd really love to hear about it!

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just got a trailer a few weeks ago. Need to add some lighting to it and some black wheels

Attachments

• trailer 2.png
    trailer 2.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 361

Thinking this is how I might light up my trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MV76VkmIMI

Why? In California that's illegal. Federal regulations prohibit any red lights forward of the half way point of a vehicle. Strobes are not an approved lighting device and it could be construed you were attempting to lead others to believe you were operating a emergency vehicle.

Why? In California that's illegal. Federal regulations prohibit any red lights forward of the half way point of a vehicle. Strobes are not an approved lighting device and it could be construed you were attempting to lead others to believe you were operating a emergency vehicle.

I am in WI and it is legal. When my lights and siren are activated (paid on call FD) it is an emergency vehicle.

I get the lights on the truck (I use them here) but why the trailer? Not being a dick, just curious.

OK, OK. I guess I have just never seen an "On-Duty Emergency Trailer" before, even after 25 years of State law enforcement.

We have a paid on call FD and I work in the area often and we are allowed to use then to go to the scene or the station. The trailer is small so its not much longer then some full size trucks. And its narrower then my truck. We have a grass rig that pulls a trailer so its not much different. I think people are just not used to seeing it.

So it has FF equipment in it?

So it has FF equipment in it?

It has my personal tools in it. I know some people have issues with it but if you don't drive like an idiot and pay attention, there are no issues.

I sell some lighting so once it warms up I will be finishing it.

Ah gotcha. I wouldn't mind a giant toolbox haha

I don't have any issues with it, do what you want. I had just never seen that before. I guess it beats having all that gear in the back of the Explorer waiting to get stolen. Only downside is you have to run home, pick up the trailer, then head to the emergency.
Stay safe.

I'd be willing to bet if he's putting emergency lights on it, more likely than not, he's always pulling the trailer. Reduces gas milage, sure, but how awesome to always have your tools when you need 'em, and I wonder if is fuel is at least partially subsidized by gov't. Even with that trailer, I'm guessing his MPG is still higher than a fully equipped fire truck with a 350 HP+ diesel engine. :D

We don't have on-call FF's here, all stations are 24hr staffed, but our gas and water line crews are on-call. They drive similar rigs, always hooked to trailer.

oh yeah... my trailer. lol

Here is my little red wagon. Used it to move more times than I remember, hauled a little over a ton of gravel in a tarp envelope, and haul my ATV and anything else I need to move that fits and doesn't weigh more than 2,500 lbs
IMG_20150205_103023_zps72f10348.jpg

I'd be willing to bet if he's putting emergency lights on it, more likely than not, he's always pulling the trailer. Reduces gas milage, sure, but how awesome to always have your tools when you need 'em, and I wonder if is fuel is at least partially subsidized by gov't. Even with that trailer, I'm guessing his MPG is still higher than a fully equipped fire truck with a 350 HP+ diesel engine. :D

We don't have on-call FF's here, all stations are 24hr staffed, but our gas and water line crews are on-call. They drive similar rigs, always hooked to trailer.

We have a paid on call FD. There is a full time Chief and one full time guy. The rest of us respond from home or where ever. More then I can count. I guess you can say I am one of the more dedicated members. I will drop what I am doing if needed. My parents live in the same town. The trailer is small enough that I can't even see it in my side mirrors. As long as you are a safe driver its not an issue.

I also sell the lights that are going on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zHQfz94H5M

We have a paid on call FD. There is a full time Chief and one full time guy. The rest of us respond from home or where ever. More then I can count. I guess you can say I am one of the more dedicated members. I will drop what I am doing if needed. My parents live in the same town. The trailer is small enough that I can't even see it in my side mirrors. As long as you are a safe driver its not an issue.

I also sell the lights that are going on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zHQfz94H5M

I completely agree with what you are saying about if you drive safely, the trailer isn't an issue. I know it's not completely the same situation (I don't respond to emergencies), but I have had my trailer with me a lot of places other people are, "really?? You don't need to go home and drop your trailer off first??". No, I won't go 24 miles out of my way just so I don't have to pull a trailer through a drive-thru! LoL. I know what I can and can't do with it attached to the back of my X, and it doesn't make me any less safe. Ironically, just yesterday, some doof was probably texting and did a slow-roll into the back of my trailer as I was waiting to turn right at a traffic light! No damage to either vehicle, but it just drives home my point that pulling a trailer doesn't make you less safe on the road. Being a doof, DOES.

Back