• Register Today It's free!

Adrenalin Performance Upgrades

toddmaloney1985

Reaction score
City, State
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 adrenalin
Just bought an 08 adrenalin, white suede. Looking for some upgrades to give this unit some get up and go. Any recommendations on intakes? chips? programmers? exhaust setups? also has anyone heard if roush or saleen will be producing a supercharger for the adrenalin?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1. SCT Bama Chips <Programmer
2. K&N <Intake

I do not think anyone is doing a cat-back exhaust for the STA

Check out my Cardomain site for ideas.

In order:
Flowmaster weld in exhaust (eliminate the resonator)
Series 77 K&N Filter kit (for 2006 Explorer)
SCT Tuner (FastPartsNetwork.com)
Zabteck Throttle Body
Steeda Pulleys

2008 ST Adrenalin

Also have one since april and did some mods as well-

2008%20Adrenalin%20engine%20(1).gif

2008%20Adrenalin%20engine%20(2).gif

2008%20Adrenalin%20engine%20(3).gif

My%20New%20Exhaust%20system%20(1).gif

My%20New%20Exhaust%20system%20(3).gif

S4200053.gif

S4200054.gif

S4200055.gif

More to come ,stay tuned...:thumbsup: :usa: :salute:

dre did remove the silencer as well. I removed mine on my 01 sport as well.

Yes and replaced it with Magnaflow's...

What's with the double muffler components in those last photos? Is the single muffler itself not enough? I see a secondary slimmer piece after the muffler above?

I was wanting to just have a Flowmaster Delta series welded in.

Anybody have aftermarket exhaust sound clips or video of the Sport Trac?

What's with the double muffler components in those last photos? Is the single muffler itself not enough? I see a secondary slimmer piece after the muffler above?

I was wanting to just have a Flowmaster Delta series welded in.

Anybody have aftermarket exhaust sound clips or video of the Sport Trac?

The first muffler is there to act like a resonator and the second muffler is the final muffler. between both ,they help keep it down to a roar at WOT.

For some ,one muffler is enough but I also have a family that rides with me and the spouse does not appreciate the sound of a free flowing V8 engine so this set up is what works best for me and still the exhaust flow isn't compromised. :usa:

Ok yesterday I put in my K&N 77 series CAI it looks awesome it's the chrome pipe. My buddy cut out the stock muffler and welded in a magnaflow. This was not as great it sounds stock when revved and at idle. It gets louder with WOT or half throttle under load but it's not near enough for me. I should have taken the resonator out. So I will buy a 2 ft. piece of 2.5 inch pipe and weld it in place of the resonator. And for anyone who wants this 4.6 liter to sound like a mustang take out the resonator or you will be disappointed. If you want a little rumble when you get on it but keep it quiet when driving around town then leave the resonator in. Good thing I don't have to pay my welder or for lift time pays to have a friend who owns a shop.

I've done a ton of perf mods on my STA. Check out my cardomain page for a complete list and pics.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3101456

I did the intake, custom catback w/ electric cutout, custom tune, throttle body and more.

They make a huge difference.

I was thinking about a set of underdrive pulleys for the next mod in a year. Not sure their price is worth the small gain.

hey were can i find Sport Trac Adrenalin – supercharged V8 rims

will the intake (k/n 63-2573) fit for a v6? even though its rated for a v8. was thinking about hooking that up with the zap throttlebody

Back