2007 Ford Sport Trac, Tire Sensor Fault | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Ford Sport Trac, Tire Sensor Fault

svtony45

Reaction score
City, State
simi valley
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 ford explorer sport
I had a blow out on the left front tire, It ripped out the horn, Now my tire sensor fault light stays on. Ford told me, the horn is linked to the tire sensor circuit, and that, when i replace the horn, everything should work fine, and the light would go out. They wanted $400.00 to replace the horn, and repair the wiring, I opt'd to do the repair myself. Is this true about the horn affecting the tire monitoring system, and making the fault light stay on?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have 07 xlt explorer n my. Tire sensor gauge turns on what should I check first

Have a 2007 Explorer. Tire Monitor Fault & Tire Sensor Fault lights come on and dealer can't figure out why. No codes come up. Any advice?

Tire Monitor Fault/Tire Sensor Fault lights.

Have a 2007 Explorer. Both Tire Monitor Fault/ Tire Sensor Fault light come on, stay on for awhile and then goes out. Dealer says no codes are coming up. Any advice. Thanks.

Did you recently have your tires replaced? I had new tires put on and the mechanic busted one of the sensors and I kept getting a tire sensor fault, made them replace it for free and reset them all and that fixed the problem.

When I did tires on my 07 I had to relearn all the TPMS sensors to turn the light off. Needed my otc tool to do it....had to get the TPMS system into learn mode then relearn them all.

Same thing happened to me, bought new tires at town fair tire, the mechanic broke the left rear sensor (didnt say anything to me) I drove it out of the shop and a week later the sensor light came on and stayed on. (checked the pressure is/was at the correct psi) brought it back, they found the broken sensor (it was loose in my tire making a racket) they brought it to ford, replaced the part. same thing happend all over again, the sensor broke off on the inside of the tire on the same tire, I drove it back again, they said they fixed it- but, I still hear the broken sensor rattling away in the tire, and when the pressure gets to 15psi (really low) the sensor light doesnt turn on! at thats in the other three tires- they must of turned off the sensor all together on my last visit-

Back