How long does it take once ordered? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How long does it take once ordered?

I have learned that the last five digits of the VIN do not necessarily indicate order of build. On another site there were folks with VIN's similar to yours that were built two weeks ago. So, I have stopped trying to gauge my build/ship date on other's VINs. I expect mine has been built but I can't get confirmation nor when/if it is shipped.

Den is correct on this. I used to assume last digits on VIN implied build number/order but this doesn't seem to be the case OR it could just mean they are not shipping them out in order. This would most likely be because of a QA/recall/parts issue and it's my understanding that vehicles on-the-line get priority for new parts before the ones already built, sitting in the yard. I know, it doesn't make sense but little of the entire process does in my opinion. For example, pre-orders not being handle First-In First-Out regardless of dealer allocation.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have had luck calling 1-800-392-FORD and getting information from them.

PAS, Got through and after several "select 1-2-3 options" was able to get through to a very helpful service rep. and find that my vehicle is indeed built and as of yesterday on Ramp 6. Now just hope for good weather between the Windy City and the Cape.

Again thanks for the info !

Den is correct on this. I used to assume last digits on VIN implied build number/order but this doesn't seem to be the case OR it could just mean they are not shipping them out in order. This would most likely be because of a QA/recall/parts issue and it's my understanding that vehicles on-the-line get priority for new parts before the ones already built, sitting in the yard. I know, it doesn't make sense but little of the entire process does in my opinion. For example, pre-orders not being handle First-In First-Out regardless of dealer allocation.
In the VIN, digits 12 - 17 inclusive represent the Production Sequence Number.

In the VIN, digits 12 - 17 inclusive represent the Production Sequence Number.

I am only going by the fact that folks with higher VINs than mine were built almost two weeks earlier than mine. Needless to say I am only going by what people have said on this and other sites. The PSN may be a "window" but it doesn't appear to me that it is "categorically sequencial"

I am only going by the fact that folks with higher VINs than mine were built almost two weeks earlier than mine. Needless to say I am only going by what people have said on this and other sites. The PSN may be a "window" but it doesn't appear to me that it is "categorically sequencial"
I hear ya! The production process has been a source of amusement and frustration to quite a few. I guess the bottom line is, it will get here when it gets here.:rolleyes: Mine is schedule to be built next Monday with ETA of the 28th, but with some of the issues I've read, I'm not going to be sitting there waiting for the transport to roll in.;)

Ordered our XLT with BAMR and White plat paint, BLIS, Tow on 01/31, dealer has not been helpful getting me VIN. Wonder if they don't want me to know if they didn't order it that day like they said they did.

Ordered our XLT with BAMR and White plat paint, BLIS, Tow on 01/31, dealer has not been helpful getting me VIN. Wonder if they don't want me to know if they didn't order it that day like they said they did.

They simply might not have one.

If you can get the dealer to give you the order number then that and the dealership name or dealership number in a message to FordCustSrvc may get you and answer from Seni or Cory as to the status of the order.

If you can get the dealer to give you the order number then that and the dealership name or dealership number in a message to FordCustSrvc may get you and answer from Seni or Cory as to the status of the order.

That's exactly what I did and Seni got back to me stating it was in production with a dealer ETA of 3/7/11.
Thanks.

2011 Limited Explorer Order

This is a great site. I just love it. Could anybody steer me in the right direction for getting an update on my Explorer order? I do have the order number and dealer name. I just need to know who to e-mail to get an update. Thanks for the help!!

Jeff

Help Order Lost

Hi-
Does anyone know what recourse I have against a dealership that supposedly lost my 2013 order I placed on 1/7? Just found out yesterday it was never placed and now no one at the Phoenix dealership will call me back to explain.

Hi-
Does anyone know what recourse I have against a dealership that supposedly lost my 2013 order I placed on 1/7? Just found out yesterday it was never placed and now no one at the Phoenix dealership will call me back to explain.
Welcome to the Forum JBC123. :wavey:
Not exactly the best way to get your introduction to the membership is it?
I don't really know what recourse you have. Since they are not calling back, I wonder if it was ordered and sold to another buyer for more profit.
Did you put a deposit down? If you wish to continue dealing with them, I would expect to at least get the same or better deal for your inconveniece.
Every dealer has a number assigned to them that they use for their orders. If you know that number perhaps Cory could help to see if the original order was actually placed or not.
Cory is with Ford and monitors the forum. You can send him a private message and he can tell you if he will be able to help. Look for FordCustSrvc.
Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Peter

...If you know that number perhaps Cory could help to see if the original order was actually placed or not.
Cory is with Ford and monitors the forum. You can send him a private message and he can tell you if he will be able to help...
Thanks a lot for the shout-out, Peter! :D

Thank you I will contact Cory.
I shot you a reply, JBC123; check your inbox for the details.

Cory

Back