• Register Today It's free!

service rsc control now

rbellem

Reaction score
City, State
spring hill fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 mercury mountaineer
I get this loud beeping and red message saying service rsc now on my 2008 Mountaineer. Car runs ok but the the climate control don,t cool and the temperature gauge on the dash does not move . Car was sitting for a week and was fine when I parked it a week ago .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you find out what it is?

we have a 2008 ford explorer, just bought it less than two weeks ago. Here's what happens:
You turn the key on the check engine light is on, the abs light is on. You start driving down the road and if the speed limit is less than 40MPH the vehicle will randomly start applying the brakes. If you stay under 40MPH it will continue to do this.. If you go over 40MPH more dash warnings come up (the service RSC now, the traction car icon) and the two that were already up there (abs, and check engine light) are still there. This is a major safety concern because anyone that is driving behind you in traffic bumper to bumper will not know when/why you are braking...in fact you the driver don't even know when your vehicle is going to break ... what is going on?

Did you find out what it is?

we have a 2008 ford explorer, just bought it less than two weeks ago. Here's what happens:
You turn the key on the check engine light is on, the abs light is on. You start driving down the road and if the speed limit is less than 40MPH the vehicle will randomly start applying the brakes. If you stay under 40MPH it will continue to do this.. If you go over 40MPH more dash warnings come up (the service RSC now, the traction car icon) and the two that were already up there (abs, and check engine light) are still there. This is a major safety concern because anyone that is driving behind you in traffic bumper to bumper will not know when/why you are braking...in fact you the driver don't even know when your vehicle is going to break ... what is going on?

You will need to have the codes pulled, check your local Autozone some have OBDII readers that will do ABS codes. it can be a wheel speed sensor, or rear tone ring or even a wheel bearing issue, until you have the code pulled you will just be guessing. Let us know what you find out!

I had the annoying "SERVICE RSC NOW" alert on my wife's 2009. I brought it to Advanced to have them scan it and came up with a left front ABS sensor code. Just to make sure I scanned it again myself with a handheld from a tech at work and pulled the same code. I just changed it on Saturday and haven't had any alerts since.

So what did you change Partman?
I had a scan and got code C144. It said "Pressure Difference Brake". The mechanic suggest to change the Module and Control with the new ones. They cost a lot. I have ford explorer 2008. Can somebody advise if replacing thise parts is the right action to fix the problem.

Back