• Register Today It's free!

HELP!!!!! Clutch Line Disconnect

trush1492

Reaction score
City, State
Harrisonburg, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
I am doing the clutch on my 92 ex. It looks like the plastic piece for the slave cylinder disconnect is missing. How do i get the clutch line out??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know man. You may just have to bite the bullet and replace them after cutting it apart. It wouldn't hurt to replace that stuff anyway especially if they are original. It would suck to have to pull the tranny again because of a leaking slave.

I ended up taking the line loose up top so that i could get it out to where i can work on it.

There was a video on youtube showing how to pull the clutch line apart, and bleed the system. They even talked about what happens when its done wrong (which it sounds like it was in your case).

The video was linked to on a post here on EF, but I don't remember what thread I saw it in.

~Mark

There was a video on youtube showing how to pull the clutch line apart, and bleed the system. They even talked about what happens when its done wrong (which it sounds like it was in your case).

The video was linked to on a post here on EF, but I don't remember what thread I saw it in.

~Mark

I watched the video. The clutch line would not disconnect. I thought it would be better to take the line off up top and bring it out with the tranny so that i can work with it rather that breaking it.

I don't blame you for wanting to save the money!

Back