2013 Explorer Availability | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Availability

glenndibler

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Limited
Does anyone know when the 2013 Explorer order guide will be available? Since they dropped the 2012 build tool on the Ford website now and show just 2013 I assume that they are getting ready to start taking orders? I also read that the 2013 will be a short year as the 2014 are destined for a face lift and possibly be out in Spring of 2014.
I also see that they dropped the Red Candy Metallic and replaced it with Ruby Red Metallic, has anyone ever seen Ruby red metallic?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone know when the 2013 Explorer order guide will be available? Since they dropped the 2012 build tool on the Ford website now and show just 2013 I assume that they are getting ready to start taking orders? I also read that the 2013 will be a short year as the 2014 are destined for a face lift and possibly be out in Spring of 2014.
I also see that they dropped the Red Candy Metallic and replaced it with Ruby Red Metallic, has anyone ever seen Ruby red metallic?

The order guide is at your dealer only, can't publish it.

Thats the first I heard of a short build year for 2013, but they did a short 2011/12 build cycle so you may be on to something.

... I also read that the 2013 will be a short year as the 2014 are destined for a face lift and possibly be out in Spring of 2014...

So the 2013 model will be available from spring 2012 until spring 2014? ... wouldn't that make the 2013 a very LONG model year (production-wise)?

I put my order in for a 13 on dec 31st, well i believe he spec'd a 12 but he knew befor christmas that they were moving to a 13 model. Not sure when the actual order was sent in, he said a week ago he still didnt have the color chips even. Dealer told me not to expect delivery till April sometime, anybody know anything different

Does anyone know when the 2013 Explorer order guide will be available? Since they dropped the 2012 build tool on the Ford website now and show just 2013 I assume that they are getting ready to start taking orders?...
The order guide is at your dealer only, can't publish it...
I’m sorry I missed your thread before, Glenn. The order guide is only available at your dealer, like Sgt1411 said; and yes, you can now order 2013MY Explorers.

So the 2013 model will be available from spring 2012 until spring 2014? ... wouldn't that make the 2013 a very LONG model year (production-wise)?
CulturalInfidel,

The 2014MY will be out Q3/Q4 of 2013. It’s still a relatively long MY, but not two years.

I put my order in for a 13 on dec 31st, well i believe he spec'd a 12 but he knew befor christmas that they were moving to a 13 model. Not sure when the actual order was sent in, he said a week ago he still didnt have the color chips even. Dealer told me not to expect delivery till April sometime, anybody know anything different
Dean,

I sent you a PM with some research on your order. :D

Cory

Newbie here on this forum, I ordered mine 2013 Limited platinum white on 2/8 and they had the color chips available. They said 7-8 weeks. Not a fan of the ruby red. Last year's red was better IMO.

2013 Explorer

I tried to order a 2012 Limited about two weeks ago but was told it would be a 2013. I ordered one and they SAID 8 week delivery but have been unable to confirm.:usa:

Newbie here on this forum, I ordered mine 2013 Limited platinum white on 2/8 and they had the color chips available. They said 7-8 weeks. Not a fan of the ruby red. Last year's red was better IMO.
I tried to order a 2012 Limited about two weeks ago but was told it would be a 2013. I ordered one and they SAID 8 week delivery but have been unable to confirm.:usa:
Welcome to the community, Pete & maddog7757! :D Did your sales rep give you the order number? If so, drop a line via PM along with your dealer name/code and I’ll keep track of your latest status.

Thanks Cory
You got it, Dean! It’s only a matter of time before you have a VIN. :)

Cory

I’m sorry I missed your thread before, Glenn. The order guide is only available at your dealer, like Sgt1411 said; and yes, you can now order 2013MY Explorers.

CulturalInfidel,

The 2014MY will be out Q3/Q4 of 2013. It’s still a relatively long MY, but not two years.

Dean,

I sent you a PM with some research on your order. :D

Cory

Cory,

Showing my ignorance but how do I reply to you with order number? Not sure what a PM is (duh!)?

Cory,

Showing my ignorance but how do I reply to you with order number? Not sure what a PM is (duh!)?
maddog7757,

PM stands for “private message”; just click on my username and pick the option that says “Send a private message to FordCustSrvc”.

Easy enough, right? :D

Cory

I'm about to be a first time Explorer owner! I ordered my 2013 on 1/17/2012 and I called my salesman yesterday and he says they still have not put my Explorer in production. Does anyone have any idea about how much longer? I'm so excited, I don't know if I can wait any longer!!!!!!!

I'm about to be a first time Explorer owner! I ordered my 2013 on 1/17/2012 and I called my salesman yesterday and he says they still have not put my Explorer in production. Does anyone have any idea about how much longer? I'm so excited, I don't know if I can wait any longer!!!!!!!

Cory from Ford can assist you but you MUST Private Message him with your info.

See above post from Ford Customer Service

I ordered my 2013 on 1/13/12 and still no VIN. Anxiously waiting here too but I'm sure it will be worth it.

I ordered a 2013 Explorer in January. Talking to my dealer, he indicated they are starting production now and the first 2 weeks are focused on standard units to work out the kinks in the production line. They also pull units from this production for the full inspection and at times they are held on the lots for a couple of months.

As of this week they indicated the retail units (those like I ordered) are due to be scheduled in production this next week. That said, safe bet right now is end of April for my explorer.

Hope that helps ...but your dealer should have a date at least at the end of next week from their ford rep.

The first two weeks are MP builds.Management Prototypes called MP1 and MP2, these are reviewed and inspected then they hold an "OK to Sell" meeting and everyone signs off on the production units to be sold to the public.

This apparently happened last week.

I ordered my 2013 on 1/17/2012 and I called my salesman yesterday and he says they still have not put my Explorer in production. Does anyone have any idea about how much longer? I'm so excited, I don't know if I can wait any longer!!!!!!!
Welcome to the boards and congrats on your order, KDupuy! I’m happy to check into your status; drop a line via PM with your VIN and/or order number & dealer code/dealer info. :D

Cory from Ford can assist you but you MUST Private Message him with your info.

See above post from Ford Customer Service
Thanks a bunch for the shout-out, Sgt1411! :):thumbsup:

I ordered my 2013 on 1/13/12 and still no VIN. Anxiously waiting here too but I'm sure it will be worth it.
ScoopFl,

In case you didn’t see my PM yet, check your inbox for some great news.

I ordered a 2013 Explorer in January...
Sioux Falls,

Thanks for taking the time to help; shoot a message with the above order details and I’ll be happy to keep an eye on it. :cool:

Cory

Delivery Date

Cory,

Sent my info to Cory several days ago. Wonder how long before I get a response?

Won't be long Maddog, Cory is very helpful, as many folks are on this forum. Enjoy your new ex when it arrives!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I stumbled on to this forum while searching to see how long it is taking to get a 2013 Explorer. My order (Limited in Ruby Red) was put in on 2/23/12. It is a fleet vehicle and the leasing company that we go through told me I'm looking at 14 weeks for delivery. Seemed like a long time when dealers say retail customers are looking at 8 weeks.
Does anyone know if they push back fleet orders to the bottom of the pile?

Bobby

Back