Sync Applink? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync Applink?

Just the other day I received a call while driving, the MFT phone GIU showed my iphone connected. The call was ringing through the Ex speakers and nothing showing on the MFT GUI. So I could not use the steering wheel controls to answer the call.

That's an iPhone bluetooth issue, nothing to do w/ MFT. Restart your phone to reload the bluetooth stack. I have had this happen on my motorola headsets, my pioneer deck in my old Z, and w/ MFT. Always was corrected by restarting the phone not the car :)

On another note, I have had no issues w/ MFT on 3.5.1 in my Sport. Unlike my 2011 that was repurchased, I actually don't dislike MFT in the Sport now. I have a few issues w/ bugs that shouldn't exist (maps changes views, etc, setting bluetooth PAN doesn't stay on after returning to the car, doing a master reset doesn't clear voice tags for navigation entries, etc etc.. ) but I have no current issues w/ stability (knock on wood).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Last night did a Master Reset and a battery disconnect for 10 mins......today same issues so your probably right, its the iPhone5 v6.0.2

I hope iOS 6.1 plays nicer with MFT.

Exactly.......in this clip from the press release it says Applink is in E-Series and Super Duty.

Explain how someone at Ford IVT rationalizes the average buyer of a Super Duty or E-Series Van needs (or would use) AppLink more the an Explorer owner? WTF

As part of the partnership, Sync AppLink will now work seamlessly with the Rhapsody smartphone app. When a user fires up the Rhapsody app on their smartphone while in a Sync-enabled car, it will connect wirelessly via Bluetooth to play music through the vehicle's audio system. Sync AppLink is currently available in more than 1 million vehicles, including the 2013 Fiesta, Mustang, Expedition, Fusion, F-150, Super Duty, Focus, E-Series, and C-MAX.
In car-entertainment systems have already been a hot topic at CES. Earlier today Chrysler announced plans to bulk up its dashboard offerings with access to Aha, iHeart Radio, Pandora Internet Radio, and Slacker Radio.

As part of the partnership, Sync AppLink will now work seamlessly with the Rhapsody smartphone app. When a user fires up the Rhapsody app on their smartphone while in a Sync-enabled car, it will connect wirelessly via Bluetooth to play music through the vehicle's audio system. Sync AppLink is currently available in more than 1 million vehicles, including the 2013 Fiesta, Mustang, Expedition, Fusion, F-150, Super Duty, Focus, E-Series, and C-MAX.
In car-entertainment systems have already been a hot topic at CES. Earlier today Chrysler announced plans to bulk up its dashboard offerings with access to Aha, iHeart Radio, Pandora Internet Radio, and Slacker Radio.

2013 Fusion owners with MFT do not have applink either......

Check out this interview...at 5:45 the AppLink program manager talks about wanting to share and help out other companies implement AppLink on their platforms to help out the app development community.

So if you're ready to help other companies implement this with their systems, how in the heck can they not implement it in their own infotainment system MyFord Touch!!! The fact that they have not implemented this has driven me nuts for the last year and when they say things like this it makes it even worse!!!

I think its time for the IVT team to comment on the progress and when we can expect the functionality to get to all us MFT owners.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/08/ford-interview/

Check out this interview...at 5:45 the AppLink program manager talks about wanting to share and help out other companies implement AppLink on their platforms to help out the app development community.

So if you're ready to help other companies implement this with their systems, how in the heck can they not implement it in their own infotainment system MyFord Touch!!! The fact that they have not implemented this has driven me nuts for the last year and when they say things like this it makes it even worse!!!

I think its time for the IVT team to comment on the progress and when we can expect the functionality to get to all us MFT owners.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/08/ford-interview/

Guess the IVT Reps are MIA or choosing not to respond.

Ford Corporate Communications Lawyers in the Dearborn Glass House are very restrictive. It's not the Reps fault, they are merely the conduit of communication.

The leash is very tight, we cant shoot the messenger.

The IVT Program Manager is who we should be directing our frustrations at, or better yet the Chief Technology Officer.

Ford Corporate Communications Lawyers in the Dearborn Glass House are very restrictive. It's not the Reps fault, they are merely the conduit of communication.

I assume that Rebecca et al are just as embarrassed that the functionality hasn't been implemented as the rest of us are ;)

Applink coming to MFT!

From the twitter feed:

@idamaster When is MFTouch going to offer apps.crzy the top of the line system has the least functionality. Also, why the hate for Canada?

Julius Marchwicki
@idamaster

understand the frustration, working on it for MFT and Canada. Will roll out to Europe and Asia too.

From the twitter feed:

@idamaster When is MFTouch going to offer apps.crzy the top of the line system has the least functionality. Also, why the hate for Canada?

Julius Marchwicki
@idamaster

understand the frustration, working on it for MFT and Canada. Will roll out to Europe and Asia too.

No offense, but they have stated they are "working on it" for 2 years. This is a standard response. I'll believe it when I see it, or when I'm given an estimated release date.

"Don't believe everything you read on Twitter"
Abraham Lincoln

I'd hope the product manager isn't lying out of his teeth. Thanks for hitting him up on twitter (he didn't respond to mine) , at least we got something more specific than the forum channels were giving us. Maybe follow up with a tweet that your next buying decision will be based on them coming through on that promise :) I'll retweet with that

like that mold commercial
any day now..any day now....any day now

Just an update...
The guy initially said they were working on it...then someone else tweeted he'd heard it all before from the same guy a year ago...then he tweeted again saying he meant they were rolling out the applink for sync in Europe, not MFT...but were "working on it" but couldn't guarantee when it will be available...

What a joke...

Seriously I will not buy another Ford again if this doesn't get resolved for current generation vehicles...I didn't even buy my Explorer (company car) but I'm still upset that I have options that Ford doesn't seemingly want to update

...and Christmas is always coming

I believe Ford is trying to release APPLINK when everything is worked out properly. They don't want to flop like did with the original MFT. They want more apps to be made before they do a full release.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just an update...
The guy initially said they were working on it...then someone else tweeted he'd heard it all before from the same guy a year ago...then he tweeted again saying he meant they were rolling out the applink for sync in Europe, not MFT...but were "working on it" but couldn't guarantee when it will be available...

What a joke...

Seriously I will not buy another Ford again if this doesn't get resolved for current generation vehicles...I didn't even buy my Explorer (company car) but I'm still upset that I have options that Ford doesn't seemingly want to update

It's highly possible that they are having unresolvable issues getting Applink to run on the existing hardware. It may never be available on this generation of hardware.

Back