How to Wire multiple Car Accessories? ground and 12v constant | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to Wire multiple Car Accessories? ground and 12v constant

Jhonny

Reaction score
City, State
Lynn,MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 EB
04 ford explorer eddie bauer v8
How to Wire multiple Car Accessories?

i have an
aftermarket radio
hd tuner
steering wheel adap
brake bypass (for dvd)

all connect to the OEM radio ground and constant, i get a start up thump (i can fix with resistor) but i'm going to add new 12v constant from the fuse box using fuse taps.

now i don't know what to do with all my grounds

what are ways to fix this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just ground to anything where you get a good ground. Find a bit of metal that is attached to the body and bolt to that in other words.

just ground to anything where you get a good ground. Find a bit of metal that is attached to the body and bolt to that in other words.

if i wire then to the same part won't i get ground loop?

is there any "equipment" i can buy that would allow me to wire all grounds safely to it

if i wire then to the same part won't i get ground loop?

Electricity will follow the path of least resistance. Grounding to the battery is almost a direct path to the negative on your battery. Anything else you are grounding there will have much more resistance to a current than your body. Besides, most of the electronics you are talking about have diodes to prevent electrical feedback from grounds.

For what it is worth, almost everything electrical in your car is grounded to the body. Pretty much nothing has a direct to battery ground.

Back