South Korea tests roads that wirelessly charge electric buses while driving. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

South Korea tests roads that wirelessly charge electric buses while driving.

Can't imagine what that will cost to implement on a large scale. I would think the cabling would need to be replaced every time the road is fully resurfaced.

I wonder what kind of scheme they have up their sleeves to charge people for using the "public" charging system when it switches from public transportation only to private vehicles?

I'm sure that they will increase the price of tolls & taxes to pay for it. We might see gas stations closing down or switching to a repair shop/convenience store without gas if this becomes more popular.

Kinda cool if they left the traditional sized batteries in the vehicles then it would allow for better range. Imagine thinking "oh i cant drive to disney world, because it is outside of the 150 miles radius" but this could be implemented every 100miles so that a car that is near energy depletion then starts to recarge for 50 miles giving a new 150 mile radius. I know it says south korea but if this works out it seems like a viable alternative to gas/electricity stations

Back