2003 Ford Explorer sport 2dr | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Ford Explorer sport 2dr

Oh, was it hard?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Depends how comfortable you are wiring stuff

I mean I wired an after market radio and speakers already so I guess that's a start.

Yeah lights are way easier, u can also buy premade wiring looms for lights with relays and all

You know a website where I can find everything? Even if you could post a link that would be great. Also forgot to tell you that I recently got some toyo open country at2 tires

Pretty much everything you would want or need is available on Amazon. Been my go to site for just about anything my Ex's need.

Got my complete wiring looms at a local Partsource $20 each

Do you have a dual Wiring kit for your 4pods and 15" bar or what are you using for wiring?

4 pods are wired together the bar separately

And they are all connected to the battery?

Battery high beam then switch through a relay

And do you keep the switch under the hood?

Nope have them on my dash but the switch is always on so I just turn on high beams and they turn on

This is what I use

31B0DF08-220A-4D25-BDBB-6EB09D2FD25C_zpsjpf49zbv.png

How do you get the wires from the fuse box to the dash?

I run from lights to battery then through a rubber grommet by pedals then remove the panel under the steering wheel

Ok thanks, sounds relatively easy. Now I just have to find which light bars to purchase. I know I'm getting a 15" to put in my brush guard, I just can't decide whether to buy a 44" to put on top of windshield or 34" to put on top of my roof rack basket

If u go roof you'll have to drill a hole thru the roof for wiring why not just load up the grill guard

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do your 4pods on top of your 15" make a big difference?

Back