• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Springs on a BII

Explorin'VA

Reaction score
City, State
P-twn
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 xlt
I'm not sure if it's been covered here or not, but I'll ask anyway. I wanted to know if it would be worth swapping the stock coils and leafs from a 4-door 4x4 Explorer into a Bronco II. I know this will probably stiffen the ride but I was curious about the amount of lift I will gain. I've heard the leafs will give a 1.5" lift and they bolt right into the BII. I'm not sure about the coils although I'm assuming they are longer than the BII coils. I would like to see some pics if anyone has any.

Not worth the trouble unless your current springs are shot. The front coils are stiffer and I regret tossing the BII springs. You will probably...maybe....almost see about an inch of lift in swapping the rear springs.

If all you are after is a small lift, coil spacers up front and Belltech shackles in the rear do nicely.

m not sure if it's been covered here or not, but I'll ask anyway. I wanted to know if it would be worth swapping the stock coils and leafs from a 4-door 4x4 Explorer into a Bronco II. I know this will probably stiffen the ride but I was curious about the amount o:aerostar:

Back