Fog Light Ideas HELP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fog Light Ideas HELP

IMG_0194_zps168de91f.jpg

ok guys here is my explorer and Im wondering if any one has tried to put fog lights in on an 06, there is no brackets or mounting on the back side of where the lights should go. this is going to be a one off custom fog light install just does anyone have any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you thinking halogen, led or hid fogs?

6 inch LED bars. They look perfect in those spots, I've seen it done on a 2nd gen sport trac and looks great. I'll try and get a pic

Depends on what you want the "fog lights" for.

Do you want to actually be able to use them for better visibility in fog and inclement weather, or do you just want them as cosmetic accents or for extra light output when the headlights aren't enough but you can't use the light bar?

There are pre-made plastic inserts you can use to add round projector fog lamps:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41NKN5KsL3L._SY355_.jpg

I'd say a set of those with brand name fog lamps and 55W halogen bulbs would be the way to go for use in actual fog or rain/snow.

If you just want accent lights, LED is probably the way to go, unless you have HID headlights, then HID fogs to match might be an option.

Depends on what you want the "fog lights" for.

Do you want to actually be able to use them for better visibility in fog and inclement weather, or do you just want them as cosmetic accents or for extra light output when the headlights aren't enough but you can't use the light bar?

There are pre-made plastic inserts you can use to add round projector fog lamps:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41NKN5KsL3L._SY355_.jpg

I'd say a set of those with brand name fog lamps and 55W halogen bulbs would be the way to go for use in actual fog or rain/snow.

If you just want accent lights, LED is probably the way to go, unless you have HID headlights, then HID fogs to match might be an option.

I was thinking about some 9inch led light bars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-9INCH-54...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43c3f20192&vxp=mtr

the gap on mine is 9 inches so these should look good.

Here's the pic I had seen with what you're wanting. Not sure if he's a member here, saw it on instagram. Pretty sure they are 6 inch bars though.

IMG_2201_zps2bb4b2f8.jpg

Here's the pic I had seen with what you're wanting. Not sure if he's a member here, saw it on instagram. Pretty sure they are 6 inch bars though.

IMG_2201_zps2bb4b2f8.jpg

I have measured the gap on mine and it was 9" so im going to see if the 9" ones will fit or not

Keep in mind, those 9" LEDs down there won't really be Fog lights. Yes they'll be where Fog lights go, but they'll technically make visibility worse in the fog unless you aim them extremely low.

Keep in mind, those 9" LEDs down there won't really be Fog lights. Yes they'll be where Fog lights go, but they'll technically make visibility worse in the fog unless you aim them extremely low.

they will be for looks and off road use only. I don't actually want fog lights and my led light bar cuts right through the fog since its low to the ground.

Back