• Register Today It's free!

Spring U bolt plate

Purch1977

Reaction score
City, State
Nottingham
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer
Hi guys just want to check if anyone has had any experience in fabricating the spring ubolt plate that sits under the leaf spring?
Does t look like they are available from ford but they can be ordered from the states I am interested in beefing them up!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi guys just want to check if anyone has had any experience in fabricating the spring ubolt plate that sits under the leaf spring?
Does t look like they are available from ford but they can be ordered from the states I am interested in beefing them up!!

I'm pretty sure [MENTION=1644]Brian1[/MENTION] built some. I don't think he has any more but he would be the person to ask.

~Mark

Thanks Mark. Yes I have built several pair of them. I started beefing the stock plates but then found it easier and better to just build them from raw material myself. I think I still have a few pair. Unfortunately they are a few pounds over the international flat rate box limit so shipping would be somewhat expensive.

Here are a few photos and info on them in my for sale post: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381455

Hey Brian if you could do some dimensions as they do look sweet! I can see about getting some made over here!
I could also have an optio for a shipment to New Jersey? How much would you be wanting?

I'm not going to give out the dimensions of my plates but they are closely based on the dimensions of the stock pieces. They are made from 1/4 inch thick steel.

To NJ they are $137 shipped for the pair, total.

Back