95 Mazda B2300-After running, won't start again until it sits for awhile. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95 Mazda B2300-After running, won't start again until it sits for awhile.

greystang

Reaction score
City, State
Spearville, Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
Mazda B2300
Hi All. I recently acquired a 1995 mazda b2300 with the 4 cyl. manual transmission setup. the truck seems to run fine for the most part, with the only exception being that after you drive it for a while and shut it off, it won't start again until you let it set for a while. It still turns over strong, just wont start. After it sets for 15-20 minutes it fires right up again. I've replaced the fuel filter and the fuel inlet hose (outside hose was split thru in places). While I had the bed off, I pulled the fuel pump and checked the tank which turned out to be extremely clean. After replacing the hose and filter, it gave no problems for about a week, but is now starting to act up again with the same problem. I've added b-12 chemtool to the fuel as well. Anyone have any ideas where I should turn my investigation? Seems like a fuel problem, but not sure. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. Side note: The dome light didn't have a light in it so I got one for it and plugged it in. Light won't shut off for some reason (probably why someone had pulled the bulb out). Makes no difference whether door is shut or not and off/on switch at dash light dimmer has no effect. Not much of a wiring guy so not sure how to tackle that one.

Did you ever find out what the problem was? My truck is doing the exact same thing.
Well, I believe I did. In my original post I talked about replacing the fuel inlet hose and how that stopped the problem for about a week and then the truck started acting up again. Well, it just seemed likely to me that since that hose was cracked through in several places that when it was running, it was sucking in a lot of air and probably still had air in the system despite changing out the inlet hose. One Saturday, I just let the truck sit and idle for about two hours in the driveway thinking maybe I could move any air in the line that might still be in there out ( or perhaps and gunk still in the fuel line since I was running chem-tool through it). Whatever the case may be, since I did that, I've not had that problem reoccur, and now drive the truck back and forth to work every day (50 mile round trip), putting on about 2500 miles since then with no incidents.
Not to technical, but I hope this helps - greystang

Back