• Register Today It's free!

Cd player Error

2002XLT21

Reaction score
City, State
Yakima
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
i wnet to load a cd in the 02 X today and when i hit eject it ejected the cd then said error, i cant play any cd now and the cd is stuck open. its a 6disc in dash. plz help...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try removing the power to the deck, not sure how the supply is wired in the disk changers, might be faster and easier to disconnect the battery cable from the battery for a few minutes. Just like resetting the on-board engine computer

my mom had same problem wiht hers but it had gotten wet and we just unplugged it and let it dry out and it worked fine good luck tho

well i just took the panel off and when i took it out of the slot it started mixing the cds around the thing closed and when i put it back in i clicked cd and it worked. weird idk, tks neways

i wnet to load a cd in the 02 X today and when i hit eject it ejected the cd then said error, i cant play any cd now and the cd is stuck open. its a 6disc in dash. plz help...

Mine does this all too often (2004 single CD). Pull the fuse to the CD player, wait a minute, and then put it back. This will set the player back to default settings and let you eject the CD. It will also wipe out your radio station programming, so write it down first. The error I get is EJ Err.

I also burn copies of all my CDs...this error seems to happen more often with store bought CDs that may be thicker than a copied CD.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174768

When mine does that I can usually just slide another CD into the slot and hold it there while I press eject and it will spit it out.

The cd changer in my 03 Mounty HATES burned cd's seems to error on every one I put in.Had to get some forceps and actually pry the last one out because it got stuck and wouldn't load or eject.

I see aftermarket in my near future!:rolleyes:

The cd changer in my 03 Mounty HATES burned cd's seems to error on every one I put in.Had to get some forceps and actually pry the last one out because it got stuck and wouldn't load or eject.

I see aftermarket in my near future!:rolleyes:

Any tips on using the forceps?

Pulling the fuse trick didn't work this time. Neither did inserting another CD partway. Looks like I am going to be listening to "Long Road Out of Eden" for a Long time. :mad:

when I got the errror I could see the CD.WARNING! Using the forceps will probably ruin your CD.I just grabbed it and gently tugged it out.I had to reset the radio as it thought there was still a cd in there.

CD error

My wife's 02 Monty w/ 6 disc, constantly pops up with CD ERROR. I've had to pull the whole thing out a few times now. It's a pain, I pop open the halves and mess with some of the micro switches and it works for a couple weeks. There's a warning though that says not tip it upside down or it's garbage...read the labels!!:roll:

when I got the errror I could see the CD.WARNING! Using the forceps will probably ruin your CD.I just grabbed it and gently tugged it out.I had to reset the radio as it thought there was still a cd in there.

Thanks. I kept trying the Eject button every once in a while (the definition of insanity...trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result ;) ) and one time the CD just popped out! So I didn't have to try the forceps trick....this time.

I had to pull a couple of home made cds out once. They had paper labels on them which I've found out is a no no. I got them with a pair of needle nose pliers that have long very skinny blades. They were right near the lip of the opening when it flipped open so were easy to grab. They still worked fine after i got them out. I've never had any trouble with home made CDs that don't have those paper labels.

I just had this happen this weekend. I ejected # 6 to put a new one in, then when I tried to load, it gave me the CD Error message. Now it won't eject, load, or play any CD. I pulled the fuse and it cut the power, but it didn't fix the problem. I can't see any CD jammed at the door. Does anyone have any other idea what might fix this?

Thanks.

Hey All

Hi All,

I need help. My '02 EB keeps saying CD Error. It won't play or eject. Whenever I turn on the car you can hear the CD player like it's trying to move but then I get the CD error. I took it out and was able to remove the CDs. But it still shows that the player is full and it's still making the same noise as it did before. Could it be that a tray is off track? How to I get it back on track if that is the case? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

my 05 has a lot of problems with both ripped and commercial CD's. anything above 5-6 tracks and it's a crapshoot whether or not it will play the entire track, or part of it before skipping badly.

I like it - it reinforces the fact I need an AVIC.... :D

-Shawn

Back