Reaction score
City, State
Bergsjo
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT 2WD
My car is a Explorer 2002 XLT 2 wd
since it was equiped with wrong battery when i bought it, i cannot fit the
plast box that goes above it....
can someone please tell me the correct size of the right one..?
Height lenght and wide
thanks
Robert

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bob, I searched on Interstate Batteries web site and came up with these dimensions:

Width: 7.5"
Length: 12"
Height: 7.5"

Tack Rondo! :D

thanks BigRondo
what is the amp size?
i live in Sweden Europe and here we count the amp size a little different i think then in the US.
here most common size for European cars is 45 Amp/hour but we can of course get bigger too, my guess it should be around 75 amp/hour.. is that correct?
/Robert

Tack Rondo! :D

Joe, I gotta admit, I'm confused. :confused:

thanks BigRondo
what is the amp size?
i live in Sweden Europe and here we count the amp size a little different i think then in the US.
here most common size for European cars is 45 Amp/hour but we can of course get bigger too, my guess it should be around 75 amp/hour.. is that correct?
/Robert

Bob Interstate has 2 listed with 675 Cold Cranking Amps & 850 Cold Cranking Amps. I entered 2002 Explorer V6 to find the batteries.

Here is the link: Interstate Batteries 2002 Explorer

- Rondo

Tack = Thank you in Swedish! :D

Varsagod = you are welcome ..!!
in the US they count the ampsize different than we here in old Europe does..
but my guess is that 75 Amp/hours will be fine
basically we count how many amps the battery can give under an hour..

Varsagod = you are welcome ..!!
in the US they count the ampsize different than we here in old Europe does..
but my guess is that 75 Amp/hours will be fine
basically we count how many amps the battery can give under an hour..

For Information: Ampere-Hours is the most correct rating to specify battery performance. However, since it is a technical term, our suppliers in America have adopted "Cold Cranking Amps" as a common comparison method. Generally, I have always preferred to use the Group 65 size battery in my vehicles, if it will fit the tray provided. 65 for many years provided about the highest Cranking Amps figure, and it sits lower than the other "biggie", Group 24. In recent years, several other slighly smaller (physically) batteries have been marketed with similar ratings.

Regarding the plastic cover found in, I think, Gen. 3 Explorers, when I bought my 2004, it had the plastic cover in place, which I have discarded in order to use Group 65.

In general, the rating or capacity of a lead-acid battery may be roughly judged by it's comparative weight. When one lifts a Group 65, for example, it feels extremely heavy, which reflects the amount of lead contained in it. imp

Tack = Thank you in Swedish! :D

Varsagod Joe!

For Information: Ampere-Hours is the most correct rating to specify battery performance. However, since it is a technical term, our suppliers in America have adopted "Cold Cranking Amps" as a common comparison method. Generally, I have always preferred to use the Group 65 size battery in my vehicles, if it will fit the tray provided. 65 for many years provided about the highest Cranking Amps figure, and it sits lower than the other "biggie", Group 24. In recent years, several other slighly smaller (physically) batteries have been marketed with similar ratings.

Regarding the plastic cover found in, I think, Gen. 3 Explorers, when I bought my 2004, it had the plastic cover in place, which I have discarded in order to use Group 65.

In general, the rating or capacity of a lead-acid battery may be roughly judged by it's comparative weight. When one lifts a Group 65, for example, it feels extremely heavy, which reflects the amount of lead contained in it. imp

More words of wisdom from imp!

It's a Group 65 battery.

Back