Who else is frustrated by this control arm bushing fiasco on Aviators? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who else is frustrated by this control arm bushing fiasco on Aviators?

CherokeeAviator

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Lincoln Aviator
So after having a routine service I found out my front lower control arm bushings were shot.......and open comes Pandora's box. No one apparently carries them as they are not a serviceable part and the entire control arm is $1100 which to add icing to the cake is discontinued by Lincoln. What has everyone else done about this debacle? There has to be a way to replace a simple wear item on this truck without re-writing the Constitution. Please help!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe those are rear lowers. I called Moog, Rockauto, Jcwhitney, Summit, And Jegs. All said that they didn't carry the front lower arm or bushing.

Oops, sorry! If Moog doesn't have them, doubt anyone will. That stinks.

This is the first I've heard of this issue...that sucks! I will have to look at mine this weekend, when I give it an oil change. Keeping my fingers crossed that they still look good!

Salvage yard item probably. But any Aviator in the yard might also have the LCA bushings shot. Wouldn't an Expedition LCA work? Same thing, eh?

Remove the rubber and fill it with liquid polyurethane. Window weld makes nice poly bushings.

Back